Hello. New member

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

Ianw

Hello. New member

Post by Ianw »

Ian Wilkinson former member of the Linn Forum.

Thank you for admission to the forum.

I’m a long time observer and now first poster.

Although my system is all Linn, I do admire the concept and implementation of Lejonklou products and the Tune Dem for optimisation of equipment for the most musical effect.

Ian
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Hello. New member

Post by Matteo »

Welcome Ian

Which Linn system do you have?

Thanks

M.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Hello Ian!

Welcome to the forum.
Ianw

Post by Ianw »

Hi Mattei
My system comprises:

Sources:
LP12 Cirkus, Radikal with Klimax Dynamik. PS, Keel, Khan top plate, Urika 1, Ekos SE and Kandid.

Klimax DSM 2 Katalyst. No Space applied.

Amplification: One pair Solos D

Speakers: Akurate 242 Mk 2 on one piece bases.

Speakers placed by Tune Dem
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

A warm welcome to you! That sounds like a faboulus system :-)
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Welcome Ian, good to see you made it over from the Linn forum. That sounds like it should be a quite musical system.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Briain

Post by Briain »

Ianw wrote: 2019-02-22 14:57 ---cut---
I’m a long time observer and now first poster.
---cut---
Hi Ian

It is jolly darned great to see you you landing somewhere sensible (as in here)! :-) I too am currently an 'all Linn' sort of chap (well, not quite, but mostly) and having only recently heard the dulcet tones from Lejonklou power amp (driving various speakers) I now totally get it - the tunes were a'plentyfold (and then some) - they are just the very job when it comes to the foot tapping department!

I've been here for a while, too, but I have also mostly just been a 'long term observer' (but still a long term lout, of course) and yes, I have - since the 80's, when we also first discovered the merits of single speaker demo rooms in Russ Andrews HiFi - I have been a total tune demo fanatic; to me, nothing else matters other than the amplitude of the foot tapping.

Unfortunately, I will soon be in moderate danger of starting a major 'flame war' with some nefarious bass experiments (I've just ordered a couple of kick drum microphones in an attempt to tweak my sub DSP to better phase align my 345 sub's bass unit excursions to that of my 350A's bass units, using the vectorscope based techniques) but fear not, my good friends, the measurements will only be to provide me with a few potential solutions from where to start listening, then the selection of the best will be done purely by ear (as a sort of a 'philosophical compromise' - finding the middle ground between using only test equipment and using only ears - I plan to use only a single ear for the final selection; also, as many will already be aware, I'm not intelligent enough to simultaneously use both of my ears, of course). :-P

All the best,
Bonkers McBriain