Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

timster

Timster's system

Post by timster »

As this is now my 2nd home, here's my Linn system:
New System complete (small).jpg
Main Rack (small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AEDSM (AKA ASH) -> AEBox10 -> M6100 + M2100 -> M140 + REL T5
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Timster's system

Post by Charlie1 »

Nice setup Timster!

Thanks for sharing. Also nice to see someone's system.
timster

Post by timster »

Thanks Charlie :)

Apparently I have to change the Akurate Exakt DSM to Akurate System Hub though!
DavidHB

Post by DavidHB »

timster wrote:Apparently I have to change the Akurate Exakt DSM to Akurate System Hub though!
It says Akurate Exakt DSM on the front, doesn't it? :)

And, having now heard the 140s with the upgraded stands in a number of different systems, I am sure they are well worth keeping. Recently, Chris of Hidden Systems set up in my living room (for a friend, as it was easier to do the demo at my place than at his) a system consisting of an ADSM/3, a Tundra Stereo and the 140s. The results were impressive - even without Space Optimisation, that combination was easily good enough to be an audiophile's long term setup.

David
timster

Post by timster »

DavidHB wrote:
timster wrote:Apparently I have to change the Akurate Exakt DSM to Akurate System Hub though!
It says Akurate Exakt DSM on the front, doesn't it? :)

And, having now heard the 140s with the upgraded stands in a number of different systems, I am sure they are well worth keeping. Recently, Chris of Hidden Systems set up in my living room (for a friend, as it was easier to do the demo at my place than at his) a system consisting of an ADSM/3, a Tundra Stereo and the 140s. The results were impressive - even without Space Optimisation, that combination was easily good enough to be an audiophile's long term setup.

David
The upgrade stands and/or Akurate EBox was a very impressive step up that's for sure. I do still love the Kudos Super20As though.

I am changing my DSM device name to Akurate System Hub. Just because it's quite cool, if not entirely akurate! ;)