Ozzzy has a different set up.

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Ozzzy has a different set up.

Post by Ozzzy189 »

It's been such a long time since I last shared any hifi pictures on the forum, so long that I'd completely forgotten how it was done! So I've reactivated my Dropbox account and I have made a hifi pictures folder. Please let me know if you see the images. I'll also try to add a recording of music tomorrow but it'll be Spotify only as my nas has been fried and I've lost all my music for the time being.

The dragonfly wallpaper has been and gone, Annie Sloan paint has taken up residence and thanks to the wonderful donuk showing me a lovely art gallery in York, there's now a piece of glass art on the wall.

Source is linn Akurate DS-3
Pre amps are the incredible sagatun monos, latest version +Tarandus.
The Tundra is not current spec but is Tarandus and is a very sweet little amp. The rack is an atacama evoque special edition.

And the loudspeakers are the stunning Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower in high gloss black with the upgraded binding post terminals.

A massive thank you to Fredrik for making such fantastic equipment.
Huge thanks and oz love to Chris Fuller of HiddenSystems for helping me out with the set up, the guy is an absolute diamond and I'm privileged to call him my friend.

Thoughts and questions welcome.
Regards
Ozzzy

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cav8becc7gzf ... p7PGa?dl=0
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Ozzzy has a different set up.

Post by Charlie1 »

Looking great. Love the colours - that wood with the sea green and black. Great looking rack too.
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Wow, so futuristic looking. It must sound awesome! Make a couple of movie clips. I would love to hear it!
Playing cd’s…………
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

donuk
Very active member
Very active member

Post by donuk »

Ozzzy - you should also say what occasion the picture on the wall marks.....
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

donuk wrote:Ozzzy - you should also say what occasion the picture on the wall marks.....
Yes! Sorry, I was chatting with Charlie1 via pm and I told him the story and completely forgot to mention it in the wonder of hifi talk! Lol.
So we were arranging our wedding in the beautiful city of York and Don and his good lady were going to be our witnesses. On this particular occasion MJ and I were in York buying wedding rings and having a gander round the shops, we hooked up with Don later in the afternoon and he showed into this beautiful little art gallery. We'd been thinking about putting something on the rear wall since the dragonfly paper had to be taken down, long story, and he recommended us to visit this particular shop. After a while looking around at the precious things we saw the piece in the picture, well it wasn't that exact one but this was the one we preferred. We ummed and ahhed and I bit the bullet with the offer of 'Don discount' and a money back return offer should the piece not suit the room.
We need not have worried as it looks great in our minds.
So a huge thanks to Don and not only has he had a little finger in our front room design but him and his good lady wife were absolutely brilliant witnesses and our day went fantastically well, and it was good to share it with special people.
Last edited by Ozzzy189 on 2018-08-19 06:26, edited 1 time in total.
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

Congratulations Ozzzy and MJ!
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
donuk
Very active member
Very active member

Post by donuk »

So it can be said that Ozzzy now has a different set up in more than one way. It was a great day.....

Donuk sunny downtown York
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

Ozzzy189 wrote:http://novo.press/adventures-in-sound-w ... -speakers/
A review of the glossy wonders.
What other speakers did you compare them with?
It's all about musical understanding!
donuk
Very active member
Very active member

Post by donuk »

Did you do a thorough ABA tunedem comparison before committing to MJ?
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Music Lover wrote:
I posted about this elsewhere ML.
I've had various different speakers for a few years thanks to Chris and when the time was right I bought the ones I wanted. They had to be slim, floorstanding (I was fed up with messing around with worrying about stands) and look good. They also had to work with my gear too. I'd listened to other totems and always liked them, element Ember, Arro, dreamcatcher, and Don's model ones are just incredible. I'd heard plenty of linn speakers, of the more modern ones akubarik were nice but far too big. Spendor, Dynaudio, rega, the latter two being in my home but they were on demo and the dyns were a much older model. I'd been around looking in the shops and they had to look right. Element earth were lovely but too big, and that was the trouble, getting slim floorstanding speakers from any manufacturer that played rock /metal /electronica /vocal to a level I was happy with. I like a wide variety of music, from Neil diamond and elvis, from erasure to megadeth . Then Vince Bruzzese developed the on wall tribe series with 4" torrent drivers into a floorstanding speaker. I thought that would be the one. Then I started to get worried. What if I was disappointed, what if they're just not right in my room, with my stuff?
Numerous messages were exchanged with Vince personally and dialogue with Chris continued. The lack of any credible reviews was strange and I was flipping between just going for it and being sensible and agonising over starting the trawl for something else. Something I could go and hear like all the others, that's what people do, right?
No, not this one.
Trudging through the Web I found a few snippets. Odd bits on forum posts, mainly in the US and Canada, a few video clips of tribe towers playing on YouTube and of course, Vince himself. His passion and genuine excitement for his product shone through every single time I watched him or spoke to him. So I just thought, 'sod it, I'm just buying a pair'. So I called Chris and placed the order. He was brilliant and asked me if I was absolutely sure. I was. Chris had heard them at the Munich show and had told me that there were absolutely brilliant.
And yes, yes they are. The fact that they're so well balanced is why I love them. Everything I listen to sounds good, they're weighty in the bottom end but incredibly tuneful and extremely clear right across the board.
I don't have a big room and although I'd like them a bit wider apart and a touch more into the room, they sound great where they are. So although I'd obviously never recommend buying anything like this blind like I did, the fact that I have people like Chris, Fredrik and Vince to trust and ask questions made it less risky and a little easier. I know people will think of other suggestions and that I'm a bit nuts, that's their perogative, but I'm chuffed to bits with the system and so is (not tune demmed) Mrs Osborne.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

They are a bit beyond my budget, but certainly get an enthusiastic review. Glad it's worked out so well !
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

Ozzzy189 wrote:
Music Lover wrote:
I posted about this elsewhere ML.
Sorry, I have been rather off a year or so (working in a StartUp so a LOT of work to get it profitable) but have more time again now.
Going to search...

Great story. Thanks!
Regardless of size and budget, of all speakers you tested - please list your favourites.
It's all about musical understanding!
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

The ones I liked best in reverse order
5 totem element ember
4 Spendor d7
3 linn akubarik
2 totem model one
1 totem tribe tower

Model one are stunning, I'd imagine the replacement, the signature one to be at least equally as good.
Akubarik are nice, these were passive with very similar to my current set up but the bass is not as good as the towers. A bit ploddy and not as tuneful. Still lovely and I'd happily have had a pair if I'd been able to accommodate them.
The spendor were lovely but I'm not sure if I I'd enjoy them long term, I've read they can be tiring. I'd not had them at home to test however. Totem arro, fabulous but I think I'd take a punt on sky towers over them, mainly due to the quality and construction of the plinths on the arros, just a little bit DIY.
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

I've moved my soundbar sub, I didn't like it near the speakers and I've put it where I could, depending on the waf, it'll stay away from the stereo.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Music Lover wrote: Sorry, I have been rather off a year or so (working in a StartUp so a LOT of work to get it profitable) but have more time again now.
Great to see you back ML!

Since you’ve been gone beck invented the playground. It’s not only a fab way of sharing what we hear, it’s great fun too!
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Ozzzy189 wrote:The fact that they're so well balanced is why I love them. Everything I listen to sounds good, they're weighty in the bottom end but incredibly tuneful and extremely clear right across the board.
Forgot to add, this sounds like a winning recipe to me, especially if, like many of us, you listen to a variety of music.