Bill’s System – In defense of the little guy

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

BillySquire

Bill’s System – In defense of the little guy

Post by BillySquire »

I just did my first upgrade in 20 years; from an aktiv “low end” Linn system, to a Boazu with M109s. Like most folks, I stumbled across Lejonklou from the other site, and am really impressed with the depth of knowledge I see on a daily basis in this forum, and of course the quality of the music. As luck would have it, I recently moved to Ann Arbor, which happens to be home of the only Lejonklou distributor in the U.S. Thanks, Thomas!

The reality is, I like the convenience of digital music, I will never own an LP12, and I don’t want to spend a small fortune on a system. That’s what I mean by “in defense of the little guy”, and I think it’s a point worth making. With a Buazu and some 109s, you can put together a system that far surpasses anything else in that price range. Thanks, Fredrick! If the Lejonklou streamer ever makes it out of the lab, I may have to pick one up.

Until then, it’s BluesoundStreamer/BuazuNo.22/M109s/2onTap!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bill’s System – In defense of the little guy

Post by lejonklou »

Wonderful Bill!

I'm looking forward to the day when I walk in and order a pint, to the sound of sweet music!
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Hi Bill, I'm glad you are enjoying the system. The setup looks very cool. As you mention, you don't have to spend a fortune to get a really musical system. Indeed I have heard many systems that cost a true fortune which sound really bad - actively annoying or just boring. I think you made a great choice and I hope you get much enjoyment out of it.

One quick thought, while I am the only distributor for North America I do have a few dealers and am actively working on recruiting more. I would really love to see Lejonklou more widely represented on this side of the pond and am working to make that happen. Have fun!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
nmakowsk

Post by nmakowsk »

Hi Bill I am also close to Ann Arbor and Overture Audio. Hamburg/Whitmore lake area. Tom has been keeping my LP12 tweaked and tuned since I bought it in 2008 and its been really cool over the years how my Lejonklou gear keeps improving for actually quite reasonable costs. So I am sure your Boazu sounds fantastic as it should outperform my Kikkin/Tundra stereo combo. Also I am a huge craft beer fan and I just have to ask what you are keeping in your two tap system there. Judging from the glassware and color of the brew I would guess some type of IPA such as two hearted ale or a Shorts Huma Lupa. I like the look of your speakers mounted on the wall too very nice. Out of curiosity, was your previous low end aktiv system Isobariks or an older bookshelf pair of Linn? My opinion has always been that beer and vinyl go hand in hand but good digital and a Boazu well that works nicely as well, nice choice ;)
LP12/Kar/ARad1/Kore/Ekos SE1/NOKTable/Adikt/Slipsik 8.0/Giella Pi 1.2/Tundra Stereo 2.2/1992 Briks