Jumped...

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

ECB

Jumped...

Post by ECB »

Hi,

I've been following this forum for years now. Even bought amps from other members here. It's time for a proper 'hello'.

I've been a Linn fan for many years. Went from Keilidhs, Karik, 5125, Pretek, AV5301, 5105, Klout, Keltiks with tunebox and DIY amps to Keltiks through 2x 4200 Dynamic with integrated cards, Akurate EADSM.

I was really happy with this last setup. Keltiks are amazing I think. But now I made the jump into the unknown. Believe it or not, part of the reason for this jump was the amount of cables running through the living room. Strangly enough there is a species that thinks it was just to much....

So, I jumped. I got a second hand but in brand new condition of, there we go, 350's Klimax Exakt Katalyst. The word is out. After Keltiks 350's now. Who would have thought...

As Keltik lover I feel that I left my real love. But who knows. There's much that can happen in technology over nearly 20 years. But new isn't always better as we all know. In a few weeks time the house is ready to properly set them up. Can't wait and I'm a little nervous I'll miss the Keltiks.

I'll keep you posted....
Linn 350 Klimax Exakt Katalyst, Akurate EDSM
Linn Keilidh, Linn Karik, Densen Beat B-100
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Jumped...

Post by tokenbrit »

Helluva jump. Happy landings.
ECB

Post by ECB »

My dealer has Steinway and Sons as a neighbour and asked them to polish the 350's.
768f595d-316e-4def-8124-de9130cb1a8b.JPG
They will be like new he told me. Scary, but he always delivers TOP quality second hand Linn stuff. I guess Steinway and Sons knows a good bit about polishing high gloss....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Very nice!
ECB

Post by ECB »

Best Sounds in Hamburg. Great service and very reasonable prices. No I don't get any commission unfortunately. Just a happy customer. Shop on eBay: bestofhifi
ChrBea

Post by ChrBea »

I bought my M140 from them and can confirm that they have a great service and excellent prices.
Wanted to buy 242's there too, but they didn't have the colour I wanted back then.
LP12 Kore-KRad-Majik Tonearm-Slipsik 8 & KDS/3 > Sagatun & Tundra Monos 3 > A242
ECB

Post by ECB »

Couple of weeks further now and it's time for a quick update. Updoing a house always takes longer than expected but floor is done, walls are done and painter just left. The kitchen will be installed in the two weeks time. First thing you bring in? The loudspeakers.

Changed the Akurate DSM to Klimax DSM as well. The Klimax DSM is still somewhere in transit. Can't wait to have my music back.

At the moment the house is like a cave, it echo's and it's empty. Carpets, curtains and furniture should fix this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.