Hi there, I am JP

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

JPM

Hi there, I am JP

Post by JPM »

Hi there, I am JP from the Netherlands!

Just registered for this forum, thanks for accepting me.

My current system:
- Linn LP 12, Valhalla, pre-Cirkus, Akito 1 (refurbished by Origami) and since 1 week an Adikt (Nagaoka MP-110 until recently)
- Rega Fono MM mk2
- Naim Superuniti
- Naim Ovator S-400

The upgraditis for vinyl playback has been initiated by the recent purchase of the Adikt and I started to look around for a better phono stage. I never heard any of the Lejonklous in my life, but based on what I read I believe this could be a great upgrade to my Rega stage. Dutch distributor Hexagon has been so kind to give me the opportunity to extensively listen to the Gaio at home: if I do not like it over the Rega I can return it with a full refund!

The Gaio is expected to arrive here today or tomorrow and I can't wait to play my favorite records thru it!!

Will keep you posted on my findings!

Best, JP
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Hi there, I am JP

Post by mrco99 »

Hi JP,

Welcome to the forum.
Happy to hear your thoughts on Gaio!

Marco
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
JPM

Post by JPM »

I have compared the Gaio extensively with the Rega Fono MM mk2

The Gaio is far superior on all aspects. However, compared to the Rega it sounds a bit bass-shy. Allthough the really low frequencies are better controlled it still lacks some drive in the low area. Need to get used to the Gaio a bit more before I make the final decision.

Have others on this forum the same experience?
JPM

Post by JPM »

Keeping the Gaio and selling the Rega!