Freshman's system

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

freshman

Freshman's system

Post by freshman »

Hello All LP12 lovers :)

This is my first post in this forum, since then I'd like to start with presenting my system in its current configuration:

sources: LP12 (Kore, Adikt, Lingo3, silver T-cable, Ekos II), Majik DS (D)
Amplification: Majik I (D) + Majik 4100(D)
Speakers: PMC OB1i
Cables: IC: Linn Silvers, Speakers: heights: Audience AU24e, mids and bass: Linn K400 (yes, I know, that it is rather a rare combination - few years ago I've hit in a bargain with Audience, but ... must say, that K400 are not significantly worse - they're only significantly cheaper :) ).

Phono preamp: at this moment (after aplifier changing - moving from Krell S-300i to Majik last month): only this one, which is built in my amplifier. Previously I've been using Lehmann Black Cube, but after changing my amplification from Krell to Linn, I've realized that, although Lehmann is, objectively, better preamp, this one, which is built in my Majik I, better fits in, let's say, my current sound signature... and this is the main reason, why I've started to send posts in this forum :) - have to move to Leyonklou at this moment. Since then - would like to ask - when Slipsik 6 will be officially released, and it will be possible to buy it ? (few years ago I had an opportunity to test Slipsik against Lehmann, and (it was the time, when I was using Krell amp), although Slipsik was better, Lehmman better worked with Krell (now, with Linn amps the situation is quite different :) ).

Best Regards
Freshman
regards, Freshman
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Freshman's system

Post by lejonklou »

Hi Freshman and welcome to the Forum!

That sounds like a nice system! Are you driving the speakers multi amped in passive mode? I always found it preferable to use only the best two channels and the best two cables in single amp, single wire mode. You can compare the channels (and cables) one by one and pick the best two - and then see how you like just using them.

I moved your post to a separate thread, as the one you posted in was TMW's.

Slipsik 6 has started shipping! They take a while to build, so I'm sending them out one by one as soon as they're ready. I will also update the website, probably on Monday.
freshman

Re: Freshman's system

Post by freshman »

Hello,

Yes - speakers are passive. As three-way - they are three-amped by Majiks :).

I've, of course, tested different configurations, and it seems, that this one, where K400 drive mids and bass, while Audiences are responsible for heights is the best one. Audiences are very neutral and transparent, while K400 can "add" some bass and mids - thanks to that configuration, IMHO, the sound is richer.

The only shortcoming of my current setup, which I see and hear at this moment is number of different cables - ICs, speakers, etc :)

Will paste some photos of my system later today :)

Thanks for the information regarding Slipsik. I will be in touch with my local dealer since then.

Best Regards
Freshman
regards, Freshman