dwm's system

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

dwm

dwm's system

Post by dwm »

Hi,

After several months on the forum and a recent upgrade to my turntable, here's my system in its current setup.

Main system:

Linn LP12, Cirkus, Lingo 1, Ekos Mk 1, Adikt, Trampolin Mk 1.
Lejonklou Gaio
Linn Klimax DSM
Linn Klimax Chakra Twin
Linn K200
Linn Akurate 242
Hutter Racktime
Linn Silver I/C

Conservatory system:

Linn Sekrit Dsi
PMC DB1i
Linn K20

The LP12 is a bit like Triggers broom in Only Fools and Horses, I am unsure if any of it is the original that I purchased around 1992.

Just had LP12 serviced and Ekos added. All I can say is it will be a while before I use the KDSM again, analogue sounds fantastic again :-)

Started with the LP12 and a Majik I amp. Then a Mimic was added. I originally had a pair of Keilidh speakers that were fantastic.

I then added three LK140's before going fully Aktiv.Then an Ikemi replaced the Mimik and a Kairn the Majik I.

I have to say the Ikemi was fantastic and had it not been for the advent of digital streaming, I would still have it.

The Ikemi and Kairn were replaced with a Majik Dsi, which was then replaced with an ADSM before the KDSM. The Klimax kit is something special both in appearance and sound.

The Keilidh were replaced with 242's.

I replaced the LK140's with a M6100 and A4200 to go fully Aktiv, but the 242's still seemed to lack something.

I then took a step backwards to a passive setup with a Klimax Chakra Twin replacing the M6100 and A4200. Wow, it bought the 242's to life and I have not looked back since.

Having loved all the black LK boxes in the rack, as I get older, I like the less is more look and lack of boxes in my current system.

With regards to the rack,I originally had a Sound Organisation rack, but upgraded to a Hutter Racktime. I sent Armin a sample or the walnut finish of my 242's and he was able to stain a cherry rack so that the finish matches that of the 242's. The finish of the rack is excellent and I could not have been happier with the service from Armin himself.

I will hopefully be getting some K200 from Lejonklou to improve the main system.

I think the final system change in the future will be a pair of 350p's replacing the 242's but I am one extremely happy and lucky owner of the system in its current setup.

I have been really impressed with the Gaio and the detail it added compared to the phono stage on my old ADSM. The question is, would a Slipsik be a worth while upgrade in the future?
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Re: dwm's system

Post by beck »

A very nice main system you have! Less is more is also my take on all things hifi. I just want to enjoy my records as much as possible. I cannot help you about the Slipsik but someone here is an expert on that subject and will respond.
Playing cd’s…………
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Nice hint, beck!
Sorry about the late reply, dwm!

Indeed a cool main system. Regarding the phono stage, Slipsik IS better than Gaio, but not by a massive amount. On my to do list is an attempt to improve Slipsik 5.1, but I don't know if I will succeed. And at the moment I am rather busy with upgrading Tundra's and Tundra Mono's to version 2.
dwm

Post by dwm »

Thank you for your posts beck and Fredrick.

Having almost mothballed the LP12 due to the ADSM then KDSM, I am really glad to have purchased the Gaio and invested in a service of the LP12 along with an upgrade the Ekos Mk 1 and t-kable. I am really impressed with how good the LP12 sounds when compared the the KDSM. You really can't beat a quality analogue vinyl recording.

I do wonder however, how many new vinyl releases are pressed from a digital studio master recording rather than analogue?

I am really enjoying the Gaio at present so will probably wait and see if you can improve on the Slipsik 5.1 before making an upgrade decision.

I will wait for you to let me know when you can make up some K200 and then get the order placed Fredrik.

Regards,
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Most new vinyl is made from a digital master but you can find some that are analog. Even my non analog records I can enjoy with my Sondek but I do wish more vinyl would be made analog from start to finish.
My Sondek and my vinyl is the reason I still use a lot of time listening to music at home. Without it I would be doing something else!
Playing cd’s…………