Rega Planet CD
Naim 72/140
Hi-Cap
Keilidh's
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

Very welcome to the best HiFi-forum in the world! :D I don't know anything about the Naim amplifier range.I have heard one Naim-system that impressed me very much, but I don't know what products it contained. After that I have listened to different combinations of the 5-series and to be frank, they have not impressed me at all. How would you rank the 72/140 combo compared to Linn amplifiers?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

It sounds like a nice system. I'm sure the Quadraspire racks and the wall shelf (Target?) help out too. My first Naim amps were the 42/110 which were replaced a bit later by a 12/HiCap/250 setup that ran my Isobariks for several years - with an upgrade to a 32 at one point.

How do you find the Lyra Lydian Beta. Although I have installed a few Lyras on LP12s and other turntables for customers I haven't really had a chance to listen to any critically. Since they are made by the same company that makes the Linn Akiva I have wondered how some of the more moderately priced models would fare in a Linn (or Linn/Naim) setup.
TOFFEEMAN1878

Post by TOFFEEMAN1878 »

Azazello,I have not heard a Linn Amp for years so I can't comment !
Thomas ,The Beta warm sound,I like female vocals with it nice edge to the voice ,not as tight in the bass but that could be with my room set up! restricted as to where I can place the speakers! (see the Keilidhs thread ) .And you are right it is a Target.....Jim