WIJI's system

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

WIJI

WIJI's system

Post by WIJI »

Hello.

My Linn journey has lasted over 25 years.

My first all Linn system was a Mimik, Majik and pair of Keilidhs. Soon an LK100 was added, then Aktiv cards, eventually adding a 2nd LK100.

A leisurely upgrade path resulted in Karik, Numerik, Kairn, Klouts and Aktiv Kabers, and finally replaced the Kabers with Keltiks about 5 years ago.

Then I discovered the delights of streaming, and so the Karik and Numerik made way for a KDS, and the Kairn was replaced by a KK. Also I was lucky enough to find a pair of KXOs for the Keltiks, which opened the door to a pair of 4200d amps to replace the Klouts.

Last year my Keltiks were given a makeover with improved midrange drivers and tweeters, and they continue to impress and comfortably hold their own against more modern offerings.

Lastly, I have recently been able to replace the Akurate amps with KCTDs, Solos, and now Solos/D.

Last edited by WIJI on 2014-07-23 09:22, edited 1 time in total.
clasch66

Post by clasch66 »

Nice! The Keltiks always look to me somehow archaic ;-)
Mostly Scotland and some Sweden
WIJI

Re: WIJI's system

Post by WIJI »

KliMax'd out!!! :)

KDS2/KK1D/KXOs/SolosD/Keltiks
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

I have read a lot of your posts on the linn forum and has always liked your approach. From what I have read I guess this forum is a great place for you to be.
To me hifi is all about getting as close as possible to what I experience when listening to a live performance. Music is blood, sweat and tears. Nothing more, nothing less. I want to hear and feel the passion. I guess you seek the same.
I really like the looks of your Keltiks! It's a mans speaker. It does not make any excuses for itself!
Playing cd’s…………
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

I bet that's nice listening to music with the wood burner going this time of year. We're getting one installed this week, but unfortunately not in the listening room :(

Envious of your aluminium collection too.

Very neat looking support solution - not too intrusive.
moog_man

Post by moog_man »

I particularly enjoyed the top pic - a dedicated shelving system for each speaker.
Is that x3 Solos and a KXOver for each?
The recent Open Day at Eaglesham must have been a revelation with their Exakt demo
LP12_Radikal/2_Keel_Karousel_Ittok III_Akiva. Ak Tuner. UDP-205. Kontrol/2. Solo_Ak 212. 2250_Ak 225
WIJI

Post by WIJI »

Thank you all for the kind comments :)
beck wrote:I really like the looks of your Keltiks! It's a mans speaker. It does not make any excuses for itself!
LOL. I like the analogy, and it's a very fair description of the way I feel about my Keltiks.
Charlie1 wrote:I bet that's nice listening to music with the wood burner going this time of year. We're getting one installed this week, but unfortunately not in the listening room :(
Our wood burner is in fact a gas burner, but looks very realistic. As you say, it's great on a winter's night.
moog_man wrote:I particularly enjoyed the top pic - a dedicated shelving system for each speaker.
Is that x3 Solos and a KXOver for each?
The recent Open Day at Eaglesham must have been a revelation with their Exakt demo
The amps in the top pic were a mix of Solos/D bi-wired on bass, non/D Solos on midrange, and KCT/D on treble (using just one channel of each Twin). It was never completely convincing but I did finally reach my goal of 3 pairs of Solos/D just a couple of weeks ago, and thought I had reached the end of the road. However I then witnessed the Exakt 4 way Aktiv Keltik demo at the factory!!! (And hence the last picture showing my now 4 x Solos/D per speaker). Exakt home demo is something for the future once the drivers in my non-standard Keltiks have been measured.

The racks are just a pair of (heavily) modified oak bedside cabinets, with 10mm acrylic shelves and supports fitted. I will now need to add additional shelves for the extra Solos. They do look reasonably neat and discreet.

Paul.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

4 of the same amps per side is definitely the way to go and Solos certainly fit the bill (although it is a pretty large bill). Looking good!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
WIJI

Post by WIJI »

WIJI wrote: The racks are just a pair of (heavily) modified oak bedside cabinets, with 10mm acrylic shelves and supports fitted. I will now need to add additional shelves for the extra Solos.
That's my OCD satisfied....

And in case you're wondering where the KDS/KK are hiding, they're located on the other side of the room....