Dennis' system

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

dennis55

Dennis' system

Post by dennis55 »

Hello to all on this forum,was looking for the "old" LINN forum and found you here......
Mostly Linn Gear:- LP12/Cirkus/Ekos2/Lingo/Linto/DV17D2/Ikemi/Pekin/Kaber Aktiv Box with Mono cards/Kabers Ku-Stone/Akurate 4200x2 and my new aquisition, a Bonnec Timpano line amp.Bonner was in Glasgow this week so i had the Timpano updated while i had the chance.the new gear replaced a Kairn and is sounding very good.i will probably change the Linto to the Fono when i saved up my pocket money!.
i'm waiting for Aktiv cards to arrive from HQ which will reduce my box count . Linn are also producing new Aktiv cards for Keltic and Kaber which is great news for these owner's including me,new driver units are also being produced ;so Ivor has made some positive changes in my opinion. :D
i live next door to the factory here in Waterfoot which is a semi-rural location as i'm sure a few of you who have visited HQ will have seen.
dennis
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Hi Dennis!

Welcome here and nice to hear about your location. I have been in your neighbourhood a couple of times and find it really beautiful.

Interesting that we now have at least two Bonnec owners on the forum. I am curious about their new gear, but have only heard the Timpano. Please share your opinions with us if you've auditioned anything more.
Last edited by lejonklou on 2007-08-26 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
dennis55

Timpano

Post by dennis55 »

My apologies for the late reply Fred!,i have been busy with all the other forums and quite forgot about yours!.
i subscribe to Pink Fish/Naim and a couple of others.
back to the subject in hand Fred, i have been aware of Bonnec Audiosystemes for a few years now and have had dems of their ALTO/TIMPANO and i must say it is superb audio equipment hand crafted in Germany.
the Timpano i have was in a dealer in York, Sound Organisation and i travelled down to collect this.York is a lovely city and worth a visit.
the same week Bonner of Bonnec was in Glasgow doing upgrades and i had my unit upgraded to latest spec as well!.
my Kairn was a very good preamp but the Linto mc preamp is a big jump in performance with a really black background if you get my meaning.i will try the Fono once things settle down a bit after my latest changes.
there are quite a few Bonnec owner's in Scotland by the amount of units that were brought in for upgrades/repair when i had mine in at Loud & Clear of Glasgow.
i am listening to Stevie Wonder's album "Innervisions" at the moment Fred and it's hard to keep your feet from dancing hi!(as i write this).

best regards from Waterfoot

dennis