ThomasOK's System

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

markiteight

Re: ThomasOK's System

Post by markiteight »

Defender wrote: 2021-10-02 21:30 didnt know that Epson is now also in the streaming business -
Oh Brother...
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Nice neutral color of the sound ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

btw for those who didn’t got my joke - I have for sure seen the JBL‘s they play nice
Scooter62

Post by Scooter62 »

markiteight wrote: 2021-10-03 03:43
Defender wrote: 2021-10-02 21:30 didnt know that Epson is now also in the streaming business -
Oh Brother...
+1
V.A.MKD wrote: 2021-10-03 07:17 Nice neutral color of the sound ...
Please make it stop… 🤢
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Defender wrote: 2021-10-03 09:56 btw for those who didn’t got my joke - I have for sure seen the JBL‘s they play nice
+1
Music First ...
Vlado
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Low noise floor too like an ink black silence - maybe could have played Pachelbel's Canon tho' :)
Oh Brother...
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

tokenbrit wrote: 2021-10-03 19:10 Low noise floor too like an ink black silence - maybe could have played Pachelbel's Canon tho' :)
Oh Brother...
You guys are going to have me dye laughing with your humor, it is really inkredible! Didn't know that Epson was into streaming? How do do you think they get the ink on the page?

Anyway, I played the speakers for Simon and we both feel, based on a totally unscientific short listen to different music, that they sound better in this application than the bigger LSR308Ps did. I think it is probably just that the bigger speakers were too close to the ceiling.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Time for another little update. I have a lot of Hi-Fi stuff to play with and I know several of you are waiting to hear some clips. I'm afraid the wait will be a bit longer. Having become a dog person 13 years ago I know what is going on here will make sense to dog people and probably not to non-dog people. Put simply I haven't listened to a record for three and a half months. Partly just due to not feeling like listening to music much and partly due to not having much time to do so. You see Lily (new photo below) is now a 46lb bundle of energy who is also smart enough to outfox me on a regular basis. Raising a puppy is much like raising a toddler and Lily will chew anything she can get in her mouth. This definitely does include power cables so she doesn't have access to the living room. I should note that I am basically doing this myself with some help from Simon who visits with Lily a few days a week. In my normal work day by the time I have balanced Overture Audio, meditation, puppy walk and play time and meals there is usually enough time for a half hour of reading a book on dogs before going to bed, if I have the energy for reading. I do manage to squeeze in things like shipping Lejonklou and updating Nokturne Audio documents, paying bills, etc. but that is often on the weekends along with garden and yard work and working in a movie each week with a friend to keep myself sane. Unfortunately not a lot of time left for the system. I had an idea of what I was in for getting a new puppy (although there were three of us to raise Bella) and Lily is a lovely girl so I have no complaints it is just that spare time is likely to come after she settles down some, which could take another year or so.

So I now have a Källa, which is sounding better the more I get to listen to it. I also have a new Radikal 2 which will not be installed in the immediate future. There is also a 1.3 upgrade I need to install on my SINGularity units, an Ekstatik that should be on the way this month and some other things I had intended to play around with but got set aside. I expect I will eventually get around to a number of these things but can't promise how soon. I will be taking off the last week of October with the hope of getting some important Nokturne Audio stuff done and maybe make a couple small excursions (long excursions are puppy limited). I hope I will also find time to at least make a start on some of the Hi-Fi stuff. I will certainly keep you all posted when I do.

The LP12 Whisperer
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

hey Thomas we are happy you are happy and busy with your new family member. You contribute so much to the forum and probably helped everyone here so its all fine and we are even more happy when you come back with more insights.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

She’s a beauty, and hasn’t she grown!
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Defender wrote: 2021-10-15 20:15 hey Thomas we are happy you are happy and busy with your new family member. You contribute so much to the forum and probably helped everyone here so its all fine and we are even more happy when you come back with more insights.
+1
Playing cd’s…………
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

beck wrote: 2021-10-16 06:26
Defender wrote: 2021-10-15 20:15 hey Thomas we are happy you are happy and busy with your new family member. You contribute so much to the forum and probably helped everyone here so its all fine and we are even more happy when you come back with more insights.
+1
+1
Music First ...
Vlado
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

I've seen that look: innocence just before mischief... or just after :)

Enjoy this special time with Lily - the music and the forum will be there when you have time.
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-08-07 15:50 I am now a puppy custodian in training. Meet Lily who is three months old today and hell on paws. She will be helping evaluate Hi-Fi changes once I can get her to stop trying to chew on AC power cables!!! (And shoe laces, wooden cupboard knobs, owner's manuals, plastic record sleeves, metal chair legs and me, among other things.)

Great to see you happy Thomas!
Congrats on your new puppy
It's all about musical understanding!
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Spannko wrote: 2021-10-16 01:37 She’s a beauty, and hasn’t she grown!
Thanks all. Yes indeed. She is growing like a weed.
tokenbrit wrote: 2021-10-16 13:56 I've seen that look: innocence just before mischief... or just after :)
She's expert at giving me that sweet puppy look, and often a nuzzle to the leg, just after bring naughty. That isn't the case here where she is just playing in the yard and thoroughly enjoying a big pile of leaves.
The LP12 Whisperer
Discodave
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Discodave »

Has always taken time to give me advice. A gentleman.
LP12, Lingo 3, Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Basik Plus Ania, Linto
Majik Ds, Kisto, Tundra 2.0, Majik 109
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I haven't posted an update in a while so I thought it was time. Here is a clip of the LP12 driven system with the Ekstatik fully bedded in and the SINGularity 1.3 upgrade in place. It is the same track I used earlier to play the Kandid vs. brand new Ekstatik.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzuohuutc7i8d ... M.mov?dl=0

I now have the SINGularity 1.5 updates installed and it is sounding even more musical. I don't have them fully burned in yet so I'll have to do another clip in a little while. First impression is that the two upgrades that make up the .4 and .5 parts are likely a bigger improvement than the two that made up the .2 and .3.

I also just last weekend I did a major overhaul of the entire home network but more information on that will have to wait until people have a chance to comment on the clips in the Källa Network components thread.

Still more stuff to play with but I have to say the Källa with the latest network improvements has become hard to ignore, even when I am running it as background music. It really is a special digital device. More later.
The LP12 Whisperer
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

While I'm at it, time for a pupdate! Here is a video and two recent photos of Lily who will be 11 months old in 2 weeks,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fno4qczhfri9k ... M.mov?dl=0

Don't let the innocent look in the last photo fool you. She is about to rip that piece of wood in front of her out from the other peice it is attached to - nail and all! Furthermore, at the end of the video you hear a "thump" as she hits the iPhone. She is way too smart for my own good and hates iPhones. She figured out quite quickly that an iPhone in my hand means that I no longer have 100% attention to pay to the princess. This is unacceptable so my grabbing the phone is a recipe for her to do something to get my attention - often something she knows she is not supposed to do as that will definitely make me notice. She is a real sweetheart and is mellowing a bit with age, but she can still be a handful at times.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The LP12 Whisperer
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

I’ve got to say Thomas, reading what you say about Lily has put a big smile on my face! I wish I knew more about dog behaviour and why Lily would demand your attention like that. Our dogs do it too and I often wonder why, when we could hardly give them any more attention if we tried!
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Thanks for the pupdate, and woofer twofer of pics. Happy almost birthday to Lily, and happy listening to you - those upgrades sound involvingly intense.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Sounds really good Tom, both musicslly and sonically.

Glad puppydom is progressing well. Hopefully in the next couple of years Lily will have a pup-grade to adolescence. Ho ho.
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

ThomasOK wrote: 2022-03-24 18:59 I haven't posted an update in a while so I thought it was time. Here is a clip of the LP12 driven system with the Ekstatik fully bedded in and the SINGularity 1.3 upgrade in place. It is the same track I used earlier to play the Kandid vs. brand new Ekstatik.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzuohuutc7i8d ... M.mov?dl=0

I now have the SINGularity 1.5 updates installed and it is sounding even more musical. I don't have them fully burned in yet so I'll have to do another clip in a little while. First impression is that the two upgrades that make up the .4 and .5 parts are likely a bigger improvement than the two that made up the .2 and .3.

[...]

Very nice sounding Tom. Thanks for sharing. Would be very happy to know groupe and title. Thanks
Trust your ears
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Hermann wrote: 2022-03-25 21:49 Very nice sounding Tom. Thanks for sharing. Would be very happy to know groupe and title. Thanks
+1
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

matthias wrote: 2022-03-25 22:38
Hermann wrote: 2022-03-25 21:49 Very nice sounding Tom. Thanks for sharing. Would be very happy to know groupe and title. Thanks
+1
It is "Shadow Work" by the group Mammal Hands. I think it was somebody up here who turned me onto it. The whole album is quite good, Here is a youtube link where you can listen to the full album to see how you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_qtOEw2gcg&t=287s
The LP12 Whisperer
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Thanks Tom, just ordered the double vinyl, really very nice music. The other releases of the three are on the radar.
Trust your ears