hepcat

Hepcat's system

Post by hepcat »

My little black box system.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

hepcat, you're are a posting machine now! You'll be into double figures if you keep this up.

You can't beat some LK boxes, LP12 and a bottle of wine - they don't make um like they used to. Very nice. I sense a Lingo2 upgrade in the making...

What's the 80s looking grey machine to the left - a tape deck?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Charlie1 wrote:hepcat, you're are a posting machine now! You'll be into double figures if you keep this up.

You can't beat some LK boxes, LP12 and a bottle of wine - they don't make um like they used to. Very nice. I sense a Lingo2 upgrade in the making...

What's the 80s looking grey machine to the left - a tape deck?
Not quite sure were go get next sure a Lingo2 would be nice but a Radikal would also be nice even thou it don't have a LK-box I surely love that old LK-boxes. But I also have to get a better tonearm and I suppose that a Trampolin2 would be great to have on that furniture. I had it on an Ikea Lack before but don't have the space to have it on that now, but the total performance got much better when I got the rest of the equipment in that furniture.

That grey machine is correctly guessed, its a tape deck, a Nakamichi BX2 but its not mine I have it because I should check why it didn't do any good recordings but then I tested it in my system it was alright so we have the suspicion that it is something with the owners Tape Out on his old Harman Kardon reciver, It maybe will be mine in the future, it would be nice to have a Naka deck just for fun even thou it's not one of the better Nacka deck out there.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Nice looking audio system Hepcat.
Tony Tune-age
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

hepcat wrote:Not quite sure were go get next sure a Lingo2 would be nice but a Radikal would also be nice even thou it don't have a LK-box I surely love that old LK-boxes. But I also have to get a better tonearm and I suppose that a Trampolin2 would be great to have on that furniture.
Fair enough. Is your Akito starting to go sticky/notchy then?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Charlie1 wrote:
hepcat wrote:Not quite sure were go get next sure a Lingo2 would be nice but a Radikal would also be nice even thou it don't have a LK-box I surely love that old LK-boxes. But I also have to get a better tonearm and I suppose that a Trampolin2 would be great to have on that furniture.
Fair enough. Is your Akito starting to go sticky/notchy then?
It had once in a time but I managed to clean the bearing somehow don't remember exactly how I did it but since then no stickiness whatsoever.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Hi again I have updated my LP12 with a Lingo1 yesterday, but I have one problem it wont do 45 rpm it seems like the motor tries to get up to speed but it doesn't reach it and its a bit unstable because of this naturally.

33rpm works fine.

Could it be the belt that is faulty or maybe the motor itself that has been worn out?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

What you need is a rebuild of your Lingo 1. I just rebuilt a customer unit with the same problem and it is working fine. The caps on Lingo 1s are getting old enough that I have started to see problems with a number of them over the last few years. That is why I've started doing rebuilds.

I don't know if Fredrik has the time to undertake doing this. Darran at Class A audio repair in the UK can do it for a quite reasonable charge if you don't mind shipping it there.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

ThomasOK wrote:What you need is a rebuild of your Lingo 1. I just rebuilt a customer unit with the same problem and it is working fine. The caps on Lingo 1s are getting old enough that I have started to see problems with a number of them over the last few years. That is why I've started doing rebuilds.

I don't know if Fredrik has the time to undertake doing this. Darran at Class A audio repair in the UK can do it for a quite reasonable charge if you don't mind shipping it there.
Okej thanks a lot well I can do the rebuild myself as Fredrik knows :), thats not a problem Just didn't know that the caps could be the the issue with that problem. But Anders @ Tonläget said that the Lingo could have problem with the caps as it was getting old and that I easy could fix it myself if it needed it, now I know what he meant ;).
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Yeah, the caps can definitely do it. The one I had in ran 33 OK but at 45 the pulley sometimes wouldn't turn even without the belt. I replaced all the electrolytics and adjusted the voltages and everything works fine.
Moomintroll

Post by Moomintroll »

ThomasOK wrote:What you need is a rebuild of your Lingo 1. I just rebuilt a customer unit with the same problem and it is working fine. The caps on Lingo 1s are getting old enough that I have started to see problems with a number of them over the last few years. That is why I've started doing rebuilds.

Darren serviced my Lingo1 last year and it's excellent. I wasn't having any problems with it, just thought that it was getting to the age when I might see the kind of problems reported.

'troll