My setup

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

dourdel

My setup

Post by dourdel »

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie on the forum, I wanted to introduce myself through the prism of my system.

Turntable:
- Linn LP 12 [Krystal - Ittok LV3 - Kore - Karousel - Lingo 4 - T-Kable - Trampoline - Custom plinth ans custom baseboard]
Prephono:
- Lejonklou Entity Reference MC 1.2
Streamer :
- Akurate DS Katalyst
Cd player:
- Lindemann CD1 SE
Integrated amplifier:
- AudioAnalogue Maestro Anniversary edition
Loudspeakers:
- Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand SE
Cables:
- Linn Silver rca
- Vovox Excelsus XLR
- Charlin XLR + Speakers cables
- Vovox Textura power cable
- Artech power cable
[...]

I am in the center of France in the middle of the Auvergne volcanoes. I am a graphic designer.
I've been passionate about hifi for about ten years. And my greatest pleasure is listening to vinyl.
I found the lejonklou brand on a french article, which made a joke on the prononciation of this name, in french it's not easy to say... After some researches i fell on an another UK forum, on a thread for matching Moving coil withe preamp, i was heading for best matches between Krystal MC and phono preamp, my first feeling was to go to a Linn Euphotik, and on the thread people were debating about the fact of linn afficionados were going to downgrade from Urika 2 to the Entity MC, so i documented myself with some thread on this Lejonklou forum…

I arrived on the forum after listening carefully to the Entity that I got on loan from the only French retailer "Headonist".
IMG_5733.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dourdel on 2023-03-16 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
LP12/Entity/Akurate/Lindemann CD1SE/AudioAnalogue Anniversary/Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand SE
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My setup

Post by lejonklou »

Welcome to the forum dourdel!

Cool system and the room looks lovely!
dourdel

Post by dourdel »

lejonklou wrote: 2023-02-19 13:17 Welcome to the forum dourdel!

Cool system and the room looks lovely!
Thank you
LP12/Entity/Akurate/Lindemann CD1SE/AudioAnalogue Anniversary/Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand SE
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Yeah, great looking / cool room.

Welcome!
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

Nice pictures sur le mur Dourdel and “vous plantait un vrai Clou” with mr. Le Jon Klou’s Entity!
Arjen
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

That is indeed a cool looking and well appointed room, as one might expect from a graphic designer. It certainly is an unusual looking custom plinth as well. We used to sell the Vienna Acoustics speakers and I was rather fond of the Mozart Grand. I'm not familiar with the amp but it does all seem to have the makings of a nice, musical system. Welcome to the forum!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
dourdel

Post by dourdel »

ThomasOK wrote: 2023-02-21 19:05 That is indeed a cool looking and well appointed room, as one might expect from a graphic designer. It certainly is an unusual looking custom plinth as well. We used to sell the Vienna Acoustics speakers and I was rather fond of the Mozart Grand. I'm not familiar with the amp but it does all seem to have the makings of a nice, musical system. Welcome to the forum!
Thomas, thank you. The plinth is custom made in birch multiply. The plateform underneath is made in the same way.
Before the AA Maestro i was running with a Simaudio Moon set (P350 + A330), it was a good match but with a little lack of thickness and weight in the notes. So i turned to the AA Maestro with its big soundstage and powerfull attacks. The VA Mozart Grand can go far away in restitution. I do appreciate the Entity MC now with its flow. Since I tried it, I just listen to my records without question. I've even rediscovered some of the sound recording. It's really amazing what this little box can do. I ordered Linn Silver RCA to go with it. I am looking forward to the delivery of my Entity. Apparently I am the first Frenchman to have the Entity MC!
dourdel

Post by dourdel »

dourdel wrote: 2023-02-22 15:14
ThomasOK wrote: 2023-02-21 19:05 That is indeed a cool looking and well appointed room, as one might expect from a graphic designer. It certainly is an unusual looking custom plinth as well. We used to sell the Vienna Acoustics speakers and I was rather fond of the Mozart Grand. I'm not familiar with the amp but it does all seem to have the makings of a nice, musical system. Welcome to the forum!
Thomas, thank you. The plinth is custom made in birch multiply. The plateform underneath is made in the same way.
Before the AA Maestro i was running with a Simaudio Moon set (P350 + A330), it was a good match but with a little lack of thickness and weight in the notes. So i turned to the AA Maestro with its big soundstage and powerfull attacks. The VA Mozart Grand can go far away in restitution. I do appreciate the Entity MC now with its flow. Since I tried it, I just listen to my records without question. I've even rediscovered some of the sound recording. It's really amazing what this little box can do. I ordered Linn Silver RCA to go with it. I am looking forward to the delivery of my Entity. Apparently I am the first Frenchman to have the Entity MC!
Well, a little bit of news, changing the Creek Destiny CD by a Lindemann CD1 SE. It puts the Creek in the cabbage! It sings a bit like a vinyl turntable, it favours fluidity. It provides a very wide soundstage with a lot of relief. It is dynamic just as it should be, it does not overdo it. In short, it has an analog rendering, I think it's thanks to the secondary power supply that feeds the analog part. And yes, you need two cords to power it. It has two parts, one for digital and one for analogue!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dourdel

Post by dourdel »

dourdel wrote: 2023-03-16 10:55
dourdel wrote: 2023-02-22 15:14
Well, a little bit of news, changing the Creek Destiny CD by a Lindemann CD1 SE. It puts the Creek in the cabbage! It sings a bit like a vinyl turntable, it favours fluidity. It provides a very wide soundstage with a lot of relief. It is dynamic just as it should be, it does not overdo it. In short, it has an analog rendering, I think it's thanks to the secondary power supply that feeds the analog part. And yes, you need two cords to power it. It has two parts, one for digital and one for analogue!
My little Entity has arrived at home, it's being run in. It is coupled with Linn Silver RCA, it is a little green for the moment, I find it a little more noisy than the one I had as a loan, but nothing serious because it is noisy when I put the volume at full without playing music, we hear a little hum and almost the radio, I will look at my cables and connections ... ?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

dourdel wrote: 2023-03-16 11:00 My little Entity has arrived at home, it's being run in. It is coupled with Linn Silver RCA, it is a little green for the moment, I find it a little more noisy than the one I had as a loan, but nothing serious because it is noisy when I put the volume at full without playing music, we hear a little hum and almost the radio, I will look at my cables and connections ... ?
Beware mr dourdel!

Entity has a lot of gain. A LOT. That means it amplifies the signal from the cartridge much more than a typical MC phono preamp. So turning your volume up to max is a pointless experiment. You can never play at that volume. Don't touch the turntable while you're up there, as your amps and speakers risk blowing up!

Instead, turn the volume to zero, put on a record and then increase the volume until you're playing at a loud level. Pretty far from max, right? Now at this level, do you hear any hum or noise from Entity?
dourdel

Post by dourdel »

lejonklou wrote: 2023-03-16 12:15
dourdel wrote: 2023-03-16 11:00 My little Entity has arrived at home, it's being run in. It is coupled with Linn Silver RCA, it is a little green for the moment, I find it a little more noisy than the one I had as a loan, but nothing serious because it is noisy when I put the volume at full without playing music, we hear a little hum and almost the radio, I will look at my cables and connections ... ?
Beware mr dourdel!

Entity has a lot of gain. A LOT. That means it amplifies the signal from the cartridge much more than a typical MC phono preamp. So turning your volume up to max is a pointless experiment. You can never play at that volume. Don't touch the turntable while you're up there, as your amps and speakers risk blowing up!

Instead, turn the volume to zero, put on a record and then increase the volume until you're playing at a loud level. Pretty far from max, right? Now at this level, do you hear any hum or noise from Entity?
It was just a test as I did with the loan. It is not a critic. The loading of the entity is so high that I listen to records at a even lower volume than other sources as cd or streamer. :)
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

I regularly check my set-up at full volume (0dB attenuation / without playing music!) to hear if there is some hiss or hum. At this level (without a phono preamp) there is only a slight hiss but no hum detectable from the listening position.
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677