ThomasOK's System

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: ThomasOK's System

Post by ThomasOK »

Hermann wrote: 2022-03-26 08:08 Thanks Tom, just ordered the double vinyl, really very nice music. The other releases of the three are on the radar.
I quite enjoy the whole album. It reminds me a bit of some of the older ECM jazz albums and the group "Oregon" yet still has a freshness to it. I don't know why I didn't think of checking out their other releases as soon as I got "Shadow Work". But yesterday I went to their website, listened to the samples and ordered all three of their other albums. They are out of stock a lot of places, including some in their own store, but I managed to find all three at reasonable prices but in three different vendors. So they are all on the way to me. I am looking forward to having the whole LP catalog.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Hope to be able to put them on Monday. Interesting that this record reminds you of Oregon. I hadn't thought of it. I own a few Oregon records, so I'll keep an eye on it. Floa is also on my list.
Trust your ears
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

ThomasOK wrote: 2022-03-24 18:59 I haven't posted an update in a while so I thought it was time. Here is a clip of the LP12 driven system with the Ekstatik fully bedded in and the SINGularity 1.3 upgrade in place. It is the same track I used earlier to play the Kandid vs. brand new Ekstatik.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzuohuutc7i8d ... M.mov?dl=0

I now have the SINGularity 1.5 updates installed and it is sounding even more musical. I don't have them fully burned in yet so I'll have to do another clip in a little while. First impression is that the two upgrades that make up the .4 and .5 parts are likely a bigger improvement than the two that made up the .2 and .3.

I also just last weekend I did a major overhaul of the entire home network but more information on that will have to wait until people have a chance to comment on the clips in the Källa Network components thread.

Still more stuff to play with but I have to say the Källa with the latest network improvements has become hard to ignore, even when I am running it as background music. It really is a special digital device. More later.
ECM & J. G. in the best possible light ...
Thank you.

My first comment ...
But than I go further with posts ...
Music First ...
Vlado
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

V.A.MKD wrote: 2022-03-27 17:21 J. G.
Jan Garbarek?
Matt

LP12 / Exposure / JBL3677
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

matthias wrote: 2022-03-27 19:52
V.A.MKD wrote: 2022-03-27 17:21 J. G.
Jan Garbarek?
Yes, that was my first impression ...
Music First ...
Vlado
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

ThomasOK wrote: 2022-03-25 23:04
It is "Shadow Work" by the group Mammal Hands. I think it was somebody up here who turned me onto it. The whole album is quite good, Here is a youtube link where you can listen to the full album to see how you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_qtOEw2gcg&t=287s
Tom, I think I can take the credit here? See the bottom of page 10 on the Latest Records thread. I'm absolutely delighted that music which I've found is also enjoyed by others on here - it makes posting the information really worthwhile! Happy listening!

And, after watching my son and his partner raising and training a dalmatian puppy, now almost a year old, I've now a much better insight into the commitment, frustrations, rewards and huge joys of this task. I really enjoy Lola the dalmatian, and I didn't think I'd be saying that a year ago! I'm sure Lily is just as rewarding.
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

David Neel wrote: 2022-03-29 19:24
ThomasOK wrote: 2022-03-25 23:04
It is "Shadow Work" by the group Mammal Hands. I think it was somebody up here who turned me onto it. The whole album is quite good, Here is a youtube link where you can listen to the full album to see how you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_qtOEw2gcg&t=287s
Tom, I think I can take the credit here? See the bottom of page 10 on the Latest Records thread. I'm absolutely delighted that music which I've found is also enjoyed by others on here - it makes posting the information really worthwhile! Happy listening!

And, after watching my son and his partner raising and training a dalmatian puppy, now almost a year old, I've now a much better insight into the commitment, frustrations, rewards and huge joys of this task. I really enjoy Lola the dalmatian, and I didn't think I'd be saying that a year ago! I'm sure Lily is just as rewarding.
I believe you are quite correct about that, I was just too lazy to go searching back to find the mention. The term spiritual jazz would certainly peak my interest. Thanks much for the pointer, I find them quite enjoyable as indicated by my ordering the other three albums they put out.

Yes, Lily is quite rewarding and a sweet girl. Also trying at times but that is to be expected. Since there were three of us raising Bella and there is mainly just me raising Lilly (with some helpful visits from Simon) I don't think I was fully aware of what I was getting into. But I have also raised two human families so I'm probably battle toughened by now. Lily is extremely intelligent, learning quickly but also strong willed, and she has stopped chewing on everything she can get her teeth on so shoes and the kitchen curtains now seem to be safe. I haven't tested her on power cables yet as she used to go straight for them! She has a love of chewing on wood and a 2x4 or 2x6 is just as good as a branch as far as she is concerned. But I think I have just about gotten her to stop chewing on the trim on the shed and the garage!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.