Tony Tune-age System

Presenting yourself, your equipment and music in pictures and text

Moderator: Staff

tpetsch
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 50
Joined: 2020-08-17 18:46

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by tpetsch »

I'm get that overall Ahhh feeling floating over me on take (2) when compared to (1).
User avatar
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member
Posts: 1271
Joined: 2009-12-19 19:07
Location: United States

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Well, it's time to reveal details of the the comparison. But first, I would like to say thanks to all that listened and participated with comments. You're a good crowd indeed!

The top music link (3.mp4), was recorded with the Sagatun Stereo plugged first into the power strip, the Klimax Radikal plugged second into the power strip, the Entity 1.1 plugged third into the power strip and the Pekin fourth.

The bottom link (2.mp4), was recorded with the Klimax Radikal plugged first into the power strip, the Entity 1.1 plugged second into the power strip, the Sagatun Stereo plugged third into the power strip and the Pekin fourth.

Cheers!
Tony Tune-age
User avatar
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member
Posts: 1271
Joined: 2009-12-19 19:07
Location: United States

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by Tony Tune-age »

NOTE: If time permits we will listen with the Klimax Radikal plugged in first, the Sagatun Stereo plugged in second, the Entity plugged in third and the Pekin fourth. However, if there isn't a difference from having Sagatun Stereo first and Klimax Radikal second...we won't bother with a music link.
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-06-20 01:16 The top music link (3.mp4), was recorded with the Sagatun Stereo plugged first into the power strip, the Klimax Radikal plugged second into the power strip, the Entity 1.1 plugged third into the power strip and the Pekin fourth.

The bottom link (2.mp4), was recorded with the Klimax Radikal plugged first into the power strip, the Entity 1.1 plugged second into the power strip, the Sagatun Stereo plugged third into the power strip and the Pekin fourth.
Tony Tune-age
User avatar
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member
Posts: 1271
Joined: 2009-12-19 19:07
Location: United States

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by Tony Tune-age »

After listening to this particular order for awhile, some people think there is a difference and some aren't sure. But nobody can say which is better. As such, we'll listen some more before deciding to post links or not.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-06-21 18:55 NOTE: If time permits we will listen with the Klimax Radikal plugged in first, the Sagatun Stereo plugged in second, the Entity plugged in third and the Pekin fourth. However, if there isn't a difference from having Sagatun Stereo first and Klimax Radikal second...we won't bother with a music link.
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-06-20 01:16 The top music link (3.mp4), was recorded with the Sagatun Stereo plugged first into the power strip, the Klimax Radikal plugged second into the power strip, the Entity 1.1 plugged third into the power strip and the Pekin fourth.

The bottom link (2.mp4), was recorded with the Klimax Radikal plugged first into the power strip, the Entity 1.1 plugged second into the power strip, the Sagatun Stereo plugged third into the power strip and the Pekin fourth.
Tony Tune-age
User avatar
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member
Posts: 1271
Joined: 2009-12-19 19:07
Location: United States

Mimer Audio Rack

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Back in 2013, I auditioned a Harmoni audio rack for the first time (see picture below). Unfortunately we really didn't hear much difference, if any. And as it turned out, the audio rack doesn't sound very good using all Mimer shelves. So now, only the top shelve uses the Mimer configuration. And after talking with Thomas again, I've placed an order for a new Mimer audio rack. I decided to get the Cherry stained wood, with black anodized metal parts.

Once it's received and set-up, I'll try to post a comparison of my current audio rack and the Mimer audio rack.
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2013-03-11 16:23 Also, during the visit, ThomasOK demonstrated the sonic virtures of a Mimer audio rack. And it was directly compared to my Quadraspire audio rack. Perhaps a Mimer will eventually replace my Quadraspire.

Image
Tony Tune-age
Defender
Very active member
Very active member
Posts: 879
Joined: 2018-02-14 22:35

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by Defender »

:) I I did know you would not resist for long after your comments lately - I am looking forward to the comparison and how it looks like.
Black anodized looks really classy.
User avatar
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member
Posts: 665
Joined: 2019-10-09 15:33
Location: Skopje / Europe
Contact:

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by V.A.MKD »

Defender wrote: 2021-07-05 20:32 Black anodized looks really classy.
Yes, with Cherry stained wood will be even better ...
Music First ...
Vlado
User avatar
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member
Posts: 1271
Joined: 2009-12-19 19:07
Location: United States

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by Tony Tune-age »

V.A.MKD wrote: 2021-07-06 11:13
Defender wrote: 2021-07-05 20:32 Black anodized looks really classy.
Yes, with Cherry stained wood will be even better ...
Thanks for the comments guys, I really like the color combination too! My current audio rack is Cherry wood veneer with black metal parts, so I already have an idea of what to expect visually. And as for the sonic improvement, I was told it would be similar to getting the "NOKTable" (which was a huge improvement over "The Sound Organization" table). And if that's true, I'll be a happy camper indeed.
Tony Tune-age
User avatar
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member
Posts: 1271
Joined: 2009-12-19 19:07
Location: United States

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by Tony Tune-age »

We finally decided there wasn't a noticeable difference with the Kimax Radikal plugged in first, compared to the Sagatun stereo preamp being plugged in first. So eventually, the next music links will be comparing a Mimer audio rack to my current audio rack.
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-06-29 12:43 After listening to this particular order for awhile, some people think there is a difference and some aren't sure. But nobody can say which is better. As such, we'll listen some more before deciding to post links or not.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-06-21 18:55 NOTE: If time permits we will listen with the Klimax Radikal plugged in first, the Sagatun Stereo plugged in second, the Entity plugged in third and the Pekin fourth. However, if there isn't a difference from having Sagatun Stereo first and Klimax Radikal second...we won't bother with a music link.
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-06-20 01:16 The top music link (3.mp4), was recorded with the Sagatun Stereo plugged first into the power strip, the Klimax Radikal plugged second into the power strip, the Entity 1.1 plugged third into the power strip and the Pekin fourth.

The bottom link (2.mp4), was recorded with the Klimax Radikal plugged first into the power strip, the Entity 1.1 plugged second into the power strip, the Sagatun Stereo plugged third into the power strip and the Pekin fourth.
Tony Tune-age
User avatar
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member
Posts: 1271
Joined: 2009-12-19 19:07
Location: United States

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Not sure if this topic has been covered before, but I have a few questions regarding the Entity. Will very much dust gather inside due to the open slots on the top of the case? And if so, will it impact performance? And if so, is there a way to clean it out? (see picture below)


Image
Tony Tune-age
User avatar
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 5291
Joined: 2007-01-30 10:38
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by lejonklou »

How much dust falls into the ventilation holes of Entity will depend on how dusty the room is. I have found this varies greatly between Tundra amps when they return for an upgrade after several years of service in a customer's system. Some are like new, others have a thin layer of very fine powder on the circuit board (perhaps dust originating from the exhaust of a frequently used but not very good vacuum cleaner?), others have a thin layer of more hairy dust.

This is easily seen from the outside of case if you point a strong light into the ventilation holes. If you don't see anything, there is no affect on performance. If there's visible dust, it can potentially raise the temperature a little bit, which can affect performance. In that case, I'd use compressed air directed into the ventilation holes to blow it out.
User avatar
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member
Posts: 1271
Joined: 2009-12-19 19:07
Location: United States

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Thanks for the information Fredrik, it's much appreciated (sorry for the late response, it's a busy summer). There isn't any visible dust that I can see so far, and I do keep the music room cleaned and dusted on a weekly basis.

However, If there does come a time when dust needs to be blown out, I'll be sure to disconnect the leads and power cord first!
lejonklou wrote: 2021-07-20 18:51 How much dust falls into the ventilation holes of Entity will depend on how dusty the room is. I have found this varies greatly between Tundra amps when they return for an upgrade after several years of service in a customer's system. Some are like new, others have a thin layer of very fine powder on the circuit board (perhaps dust originating from the exhaust of a frequently used but not very good vacuum cleaner?), others have a thin layer of more hairy dust.

This is easily seen from the outside of case if you point a strong light into the ventilation holes. If you don't see anything, there is no affect on performance. If there's visible dust, it can potentially raise the temperature a little bit, which can affect performance. In that case, I'd use compressed air directed into the ventilation holes to blow it out.
Tony Tune-age
Post Reply