Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

paolo wrote:I'll try it within a couple of weeks and report on the forum
Any luck Paolo?
paolo

Post by paolo »

Sorry Charlie, Dynamik is still on its way, should be here next week. I'll report as soon as I'll try it.
Ciao!
paolo

Post by paolo »

Job done, with the remote assistance of Fredrik (thanks!) to check everything and avoid any possible damage.

It works, Radikal mini is ok into Majik CD! The effect is just as you would expect from a Dynamik upgrade, it's simply much better!

Thoug it's not an official Linn upgrade, so anybody interested has to make it to his own risk and responsibility, it's surely great value, bringing Majik CD (and most probably also Majik Kontrol) to another performance level. Guess it's good news, no? ;)
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

Great news and great work! Why is not Linn behind this? I still wonder how good MK is with Dynamik. Better than AK/D? Linn has confirmed that Radikal, MCD and MK all used the same Miniline PS before Dynamik was launched. So why no support for Dynamik in MCD and MK? Shame on Linn!
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Linnofil wrote:Great news and great work! Why is not Linn behind this? I still wonder how good MK is with Dynamik. Better than AK/D? Linn has confirmed that Radikal, MCD and MK all used the same Miniline PS before Dynamik was launched. So why no support for Dynamik in MCD and MK? Shame on Linn!
I agree that Linn should be supporting their older products with the new Dynamik. I am really surprised that there is no announced Dynamik upgrade for the Klimax crossovers - certainly a component one would want to keep fully updated and at small cost compared to the original price.

I do wonder how much the decision not to support the discontinued Majik gear has to do with Linn having no desire to give a warranty extension on anything that spins discs?! Maybe if enough people bug them about it they will expand the Dynamik upgrade offerings.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Hi Paolo - great work!
Linnofil wrote:I still wonder how good MK is with Dynamik. Better than AK/D?
Isn't the PSU supposed to be the only 'sonic' difference between them? Would be good to know for sure.