New (old) Troika!

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

There is no doubt in my mind that Linns' next moving coil cartridge will sound better. However, I haven't identified any flaws with the current Akiva moving coil cartridge.
Tony Tune-age
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Tony Tune-age wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that Linns' next moving coil cartridge will sound better. However, I haven't identified any flaws with the current Akiva moving coil cartridge.
I'd have to say that I find this is typical of Linn's top designs. I couldn't imagine a preamp sounding better than the Klimax Kontrol until the upgraded audio board came out. Then the Dynamik improved it further! But without hearing the updates I couldn't tell you how it could be improved. The same is really true of the pre-Radikal LP12SE, yet look at how big an improvement the Radikal made!
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

All valid points Thomas, and I've had those types of experiences. Speaking of the Linn Klimax Kontrol preamplifier, there was some healthy debate (on another forum) regarding the Klimax Kontrol and Naim NAC-552 preamplifier.

Do you have any experience comparing the Klimax Kontrol with other top rated preamplifiers? (THIS COULD BE A NEW TOPIC)
Tony Tune-age