The Hi-Fi Mechanik YouTube LP12 Videos

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

Robert Lake

The Hi-Fi Mechanik YouTube LP12 Videos

Post by Robert Lake »

There are a lot of pepole here with experice of serving LP12:s. What are your thoughts about the YouTube videos from The Hi-Fi Mechanik? They have uploaded a lot of videos on how to handle and serve an LP12.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoa0Tk ... yyHOa-46AQ
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: The Hi-Fi Mechanik YouTube LP12 Videos

Post by Charlie1 »

I had a quick look. Strange format. The bounce looks pretty poor to me which doesn't inspire confidence regarding their content.

We're lucky in the UK with experienced LP12 dealers but I can see the appeal if you're several hours drive or more away.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

You’re right, the bounce isn’t great, but to be fair to them, she did say “don’t judge the setup, it’s as we bought it and before we set it up” , or words to that effect.

The chap’s got good credentials, so it’ll be interesting to see how the series pans out. It could be a really good resource, particularly for those on a budget or just enjoy a good fettle.
John
Very active member
Very active member

Post by John »

I’m disappointed they’re no longer making videos. I think their original intent was to make 25 videos covering many aspects of the LP12. Does anyone know what shop the gentleman was from? The video on the motor was most informative IMO.