Linn Ekos 2 swing test

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

Stephan

Linn Ekos 2 swing test

Post by Stephan »

Hello!
I am in the process of selling a Ekos 2 and trying to figure out how to do a swing test.
When I watch a youtube clip showing this being performed I noticed that the arm-rest had been removed so that the arm could make a larger ”swing”, not being limited by the arm rest.

With the armrest in place I get about 55-57. This felt a bit low.
How do I remove the armrest without destroying anything. It seems to be screwed in place?
Is it possible to buy a new on if it get damaged?

Thanks in advance
Stephan
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Linn Ekos 2 swing test

Post by ThomasOK »

Stephan wrote: 2022-02-16 09:18 Hello!
I am in the process of selling a Ekos 2 and trying to figure out how to do a swing test.
When I watch a youtube clip showing this being performed I noticed that the arm-rest had been removed so that the arm could make a larger ”swing”, not being limited by the arm rest.

With the armrest in place I get about 55-57. This felt a bit low.
How do I remove the armrest without destroying anything. It seems to be screwed in place?
Is it possible to buy a new on if it get damaged?

Thanks in advance
Stephan
Actually 55-57 with the armrest in place sounds pretty good. Linn specified the Ekos 2 as having a minimum of 35 swings with armrest removed. You will likely get more without the armrest but an Ekos 2 with over 50 is just fine.

The armrest is removable. Some units have a screw to hold it in place where others use a pin. If you have the screw you would just remove the screw, which uses a #2 Pozidriv, and the armrest clip should pull up easily. If it is the pin you have to pry it out, generally with a flat blade jewelers screwdriver, being careful not to mar the metal around it. Again the plastic clip then just pulls up from the metal frame. The clip itself is available from Linn and is inexpensive but getting it will take some time. In the US Linn is now quoting 10 weeks or more for most new orders. Also it would have to be added to a larger order to make it worthwhile as if the order is under a certain amount there is a $50 freight charge no matter what is shipped. That would make the clip much more expensive.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Thank you very much Thomas!!!

Is there anything that you don’t know about the Sondek LP12? 😉

Thanks again
Stephan
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

After 44 years of working on them as of this month I would hope there isn't much. But every once in a while I find out something new. Plus Linn keeps coming out with upgrades that require testing for new torques, etc.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.