NF-Silver Cable soldering

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

Lingomatik

NF-Silver Cable soldering

Post by Lingomatik »

Does anyone have experience with soldering the ground wire on the NF SilverCables?
I'm not sure which was the best-sounding version.
One or two solder points per connector? Ground at one end of the cable, double ground at the other end?
I got an Urika today, have to solder cables.
See photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LP12 & Exakt-Keltiks
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Re: NF-Silver Cable soldering

Post by Defender »

I cant help with „what is the most musical solution“ but my T-Cable is soldered left and right side of the connector but all my Linn Silver Interconnects only on one side of the connector. The Ground need to be soldered on both sides of the ends of the cable (source side and other side)

… its difficult enough to get it soldered at the connector anyway thats why I wouldn’t worry to solder it left and right (the connector has a high mass which warms up slow)
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Of course, the double soldering point increases the contact area of the ground. However, I do not know to what extent it is an improvement.
Trust your ears
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

I always soldered my Silvers with the ground wires at one point, also did not cut off any of the ground wires to get less material to solder.
Never used the Linn RCAs but Neutrik RCAs which are much easier to solder.
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
Peder

Post by Peder »

🟠 Vertere has one solder point on one side,.and double solder points on the other side of its rca-cables.

This is from their D-FI rca-cable
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.