Cable Management: any recommendations?

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Cable Management: any recommendations?

Post by springwood64 »

Adding a Hakai+NAS to my turntable set up brings a proliferation of cables: ethernet, AC and DC. My rack is surrounded by spaghetti.

I try to keep signal, power and speaker cables apart, or cross them perpendicular where that is unavoidable. I avoid cable ties and try to let the cables hang unsupported or unrestricted.

However I now have cables all round the rack and it looks pretty messy.

Anyone got suggestions for a visually tidy way of managing cables that does not detract from the sound?
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Cable Management: any recommendations?

Post by Tony Tune-age »

springwood64 wrote: 2020-07-27 08:40Adding a Hakai+NAS to my turntable set up brings a proliferation of cables: ethernet, AC and DC. My rack is surrounded by spaghetti.

I try to keep signal, power and speaker cables apart, or cross them perpendicular where that is unavoidable. I avoid cable ties and try to let the cables hang unsupported or unrestricted.

However I now have cables all round the rack and it looks pretty messy. Anyone got suggestions for a visually tidy way of managing cables that does not detract from the sound?
Cable management can be challenging, especially if there are several components in a stereo system. Keeping the various cables and cords separated whenever possible is certainly good. Unfortunately they can still look untidy depending on how many there are in a system. However, having the proper space for cables and cords will help with how they look and sound, as well as making them a little easier manage overall. Hope this helps...

Cheers
Tony Tune-age