Akurate DS1 renew vs Akurate DS1

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

Kalle05

Akurate DS1 renew vs Akurate DS1

Post by Kalle05 »

Has anyone compared Akurate DS1 renew with an Akurate DS1 "original" ?
Is there a difference tunewise or "sound", is the renew a step below the original DS1 ?
donuk
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Akurate DS1 renew vs Akurate DS1

Post by donuk »

I note that nobody has replied to this, so here is my modest view.
I have never compared these two units, so my views are limited. However,

I am assuming that both units will have the same signal processing boards, and also the same power supply boards, probably Dynamik.

I observe that the standard DS1 and the DS1 Renew appear to have similar cases. Similar weight of material and size.

Of course the Renew does not have a display. Therefore less digital electronics going on in the box, and less power used without a display of any sort.

Klimax DS Renew units suffer a downgrade in cases - from the solid aluminium to a lighter weight black box. Not so at the Akurate level.

Therefore I would expect the Renew to sound better than the normal DS1. It has less electronics in a similar box. Of course it does not have the display facility. But that is not vital.

Obviously one would be advised to try to audition before purchase. Having owned a range of Akurate DSs I can say that the real game changer is the Katalyst architecture. That has really made a difference.

Just my musings

donuk beautiful downtown York
wickie833

Post by wickie833 »

Like the Klimax Renew also the Akurate Renew uses the simple case.

Regards
Hannes
wickie833

Post by wickie833 »

Soundwise there is not much different between normal (Klimasx/Akurate) DS and it´s Renew versions.