any suggestions for replacement terminal links for MAjik 140

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

Eyesound

any suggestions for replacement terminal links for MAjik 140

Post by Eyesound »

Hi all,

I have converted my Majik 140 speakers from Aktiv configuration back to passive. However, I don't have the original terminal links to link the terminal posts. Given the pandemic I'm having trouble getting replacements from authorized dealers. Any one has any DIY idea that I can do as a replacement for the terminal links?

Thank you all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Re: any suggestions for replacement terminal links for MAjik 140

Post by Tendaberry »

Why do you want to replace them? I tried some ready-made short links and they didn't improve the speakers one bit, so I put the original links back.
What might work, is if you make custom links from K400/K600 speaker cable and make sure that they are attached in the right direction. Has anyone tried this?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I would advise you to get the original links.

If you can't find them, the optimal is an EE connection (that's an E with a fourth horizontal line, so like a quadruple E). The leads from the amplifier is soldered to leads that go to the treble input and from there to the other three drive units, one up and two down.
Eyesound

Post by Eyesound »

Thank you for the advice. I’ll be ordering a set of original links. Patience, patience.
Eyesound

Post by Eyesound »

Without the terminal links I’m only able to plug into one driver and listening music that way. Is it worthwhile to try jumper cables in the meantime while I get the original links. Anyone have tried these and is there any sonic advantage ?
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Eyesound, you have a PM
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Eyesound wrote: 2020-04-19 13:19 Without the terminal links I’m only able to plug into one driver and listening music that way. Is it worthwhile to try jumper cables in the meantime while I get the original links. Anyone have tried these and is there any sonic advantage ?
Not with Majik 140, but I can try to get you clips of original links vs jumper cables on bi- not quad-terminal speakers... if you're interested?
Eyesound

Post by Eyesound »

Thank you. I ended up ordering them from a dealer and with my luck fedex lost them. So I’ll have to wait until a new pair gets sent from Linn to me.

I appreciate the offers.