Connecting a K600 to a Neutrik connector...

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Connecting a K600 to a Neutrik connector...

Post by sommerfee »

Hi!

Is there some kind of "beauty" solution on how to connect a K600 to a single Neutrik connector (which has only 4 terminals, and not 6)? (For example for tri-wiring a Espek with a single Klimax Twin.) Any ideas, any experiences?

And how should the conductors connected to the Neutrik connector anyway: Just screwed, screwed with ferrules, or soldered? If soldered: Is this easy or is this very difficult since the connector itself is out of plastic which can melt?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I have too little experience with multiple connections into a Neutrik to offer any "beauty" solution, I'm afraid.

But generally speaking, on loudspeaker connections, a really good soldered connection sounds better than every screwed and crimped/screwed connection I have tried so far. But if the soldering is not optimal, the crimped/screwed solution is better (crimp the strands together with a ferrule and screw this to the connector).

This might change, as the result is dependent on the connector. Some connectors made for crimping sound quite good when crimped and don't get any better when you solder them. Other connectors need to be soldered and these are the ones I have had best results with so far.

For example: Optimally soldered Linn Knekt banana plugs sound great. I have recently done a thorough comparison with other banana plugs and the (aluminium?? why is nobody using that material in connectors when it works so well on these?) Knekt are simply outstanding.