Kazoo Server acting up

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

vicdiaz

Kazoo Server acting up

Post by vicdiaz »

I just noticed that KazooServer is no longer running on my QNAP NAS. I removed and reinstalled several times both KazooServer and the Mono Framework but I'm still getting a SIGDEV error:

=================================================================
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

Starting Kazoo Server: /usr/bin/KazooServer
Stacktrace:

Native stacktrace:

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KazooServer/usr/bin/mono() [0x4e8a0d]
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KazooServer/usr/bin/mono() [0x56d201]
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KazooServer/usr/bin/mono() [0x40e9f7]
/lib/libpthread.so.0(+0x106f0) [0x7fa62236d6f0]
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KazooServer/usr/lib/KazooServer/libohNet.so(+0xee7c0) [0x7fa61d6bf7c0]
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KazooServer/usr/lib/KazooServer/libohNet.so(+0xec311) [0x7fa61d6bd311]
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KazooServer/usr/lib/KazooServer/libohNet.so(+0xca75a) [0x7fa61d69b75a]
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KazooServer/usr/lib/KazooServer/libohNet.so(+0xdd3ea) [0x7fa61d6ae3ea]
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KazooServer/usr/lib/KazooServer/libohNet.so(+0xdd4a9) [0x7fa61d6ae4a9]
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/KazooServer/usr/lib/KazooServer/libohNet.so(OhNetLibraryInitialise+0x1b) [0x7fa61d6bb4eb]
[0x41e97150]

Both KazooServer and Mono Framework versions are the latest ones.

Ideas?

Sent e-mail to Linn's Help Line but no response so far.

How much do I miss the old forum... :'(
Vic
Ivor's "Tune-Method Seminar" Alumni
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Kazoo Server acting up

Post by tokenbrit »

Have your heard back from Linn or the Linn-exiles forum?

If not...
What QNAP do you have; is everything OK with it other than Kazoo Server not working, and what version of QNAP firmware are you running? I don't have experience with QNAP, but did see that there are different versions, and that the latest Kazoo Server requires QNAP firmware version 4.3 or higher if you are using a QNAP x86

Otherwise some logical approach questions, given that it was working before, but isn't now:
What versions of Kazoo Server & Mono worked before on the QNAP firmware version that you are using?
Did Kazoo Server app, Mono framework, or QNAP firmware get (auto)upgraded before Kazoo Server stopped working?
Do you have the older previously working versions of Kazoo Server & Mono available to reinstall, rather that the latest?
Did you reboot the QNAP in between uninstall & reinstall of Kazoo Server?
vicdiaz

Post by vicdiaz »

Hi,

Yes, Linn did reply and recommended something I'd already tried. Anyway, tried it again and no luck. Running latest version of QTS 4.3 software and latest Mono version. Linn says Mono is already embedded on the QNAP package so I ended up removing Mono but the problem persisted. I ended up installing KazooServer 4.9.5 and it works perfectly even with Mono installed (which I need for another app). Can't find any more recent versions to try.
Vic
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Glad you got it working with an older version. I'd stick with 4.9.5 - if it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)
vicdiaz

Post by vicdiaz »

Update!!!

After spending 3 straight hours troubleshooting thie issue (removing and reinstalling apps) It turns out that if there is an open VPN connection in my NAS KazooServer will fail and not start up. After closing the VPN connection KazooServer works perfectly. Version 4.9.5 works perfectly with the open VPN connection, so I just reported this to Linn.
Vic