Keel

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

Pediatrik

Keel

Post by Pediatrik »

Here's a work blog of Chris a "Product Assurance" Test Engineer at Linn where you can find pictures of the process of making Keel out of a solid block of aluminium.

http://highendproducts.blogspot.com/index.html

The blog even mentions this forum:
There's fourth forum now, the Lejonklou forum, which hosts threads about hi-fi kit and the new LP12 products. Its a bit quiet now, but it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
The guy hasn't been involved with testing or listening to the Keel/Ekos SE/Trampolin II but could have some interesting input regarding construction, pricing etc. And since he mentions this forum, our opinions might be forwarded to LINN sooner than we know! :D
jajo

Post by jajo »

Linn reads topica and this forum - VERY good news. If I were manufacturing hifi products, I would be interested in getting some feedback this way!

The blog seems to be well-written and contains interesting pictures. I'll bookmark it.

/ jajo
Chris

Post by Chris »

Sorry guys, I'm not going to be talking about pricing at any point, but I'll discuss the construction with the mechanical and acoustic design people and post about it in the next few weeks.
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

Great Chris! That will be very interesting. Your blog was bookmarked hours ago... I'm also very glad that you/Linn keep track of some of the Linn discussions on the web. To bad you can't read Swedish! Probably the best Linnforum in the world is in Swedish, here: http://www.selleri.de/phpBB2/index.php
jajo

Post by jajo »

Chris wrote:Sorry guys, I'm not going to be talking about pricing at any point, but I'll discuss the construction with the mechanical and acoustic design people and post about it in the next few weeks.
Welcome to the forum, Chris!

I think your contributions can be of great value.

/ jajo
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

Chris, great having Linn represented here!
It has been speculations re the "painting"...
What exactly is it and why do you apply it?
Is it sounding better with it?

fyi - I know a few guys that prefer it without any paint as it look great in the Alu flesh,hehe
It's all about musical understanding!
Pediatrik

Post by Pediatrik »

Chris! I just saw that your blog all of a sudden is on a temporary hiatus! Why?! I do not hope that you are getting trouble at LINN HQ! :(

EDIT: Ouch! Just noticed that the Keel-pictures are removed from your personal blogg at flickr.com as well...
monkeydevil

Post by monkeydevil »

Chris! As Pediatrik said, hope your blog is coming back and that you're not in trouble!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

If there is one thing people have complained about with Linn - as far back as I can remember - it's been the lack of communication and information. I sincerely hope they realise that having an inside-the-factory guy like Chris on the net has the potential of generating an enormous amount of interest among the enthusiasts.

With a wisely used blog, he could both spread details that sparkle the interest in new products and help killing false and harmful rumours that otherwise tend to circulate. In the end that means more customers and increased sales for Linn.

If Chris blog was done without permission and they stopped him, they have done a big mistake in my opinion.
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

I'm very sad to read this Chris. I hope you are not in trouble! I agree with Fredrik on this. Very sad for Chris, very sad for Linn and very sad for all present and potential Linn customers. I really liked your blog and the direction I think it was heading. Good luck with your interrogation with Ivor… (When your not a Linn employee anymore you can come back here and tell the truth! :wink: )
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

Agree with Linnofil and Lejonklou!

Linn; be smart, open communiction is better for the business and besides - the customers demands it!
It's all about musical understanding!
paolo

Post by paolo »

Agreed!

Paolo