Is this possible and safe?

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Is this possible and safe?

Post by bonzo »

So I have the older LK style magic integrated pre-and power amplifier. There is a headphone jack on the front of the unit. I’ve always wanted to know how things would sound with headphones for my current system. Can I simply connect the magic integrated to my climax control and then plug the headphones into the integrated and listen to music that way? Also, does it matter which input I use on the magic? Also, now that I think about it, how do I get the signal from Lp12 that goes into KK into majik integrated? Currently the only reason I’d be using the majik is for headphone
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
donuk
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Is this possible and safe?

Post by donuk »

It seems that you have been forgotten, old chap.....

If I understand you correctly you have this - a really good preamplifier, and you are proposing feeding that into a unit of obviously lesser quality, using it just as a headphone amplifier.

Well there are no doubt better solutions, but without buying a first rate headphone amplifier, there is no way you are going to get the maximum quality your Klimax Kontrol is capable of.

But give it a go. I would not have thought it makes much difference which input you use on the majik as long as it is a line input. If you call your preamplifier a CD player, it will not be offended.

You will have to experiment a bit with volume settings. I would start off with the Klimax at about half and the Majik at zero, and adjust the Majik from there.

Good luck

Donuk beautiful downtown York
matss

Re: Is this possible and safe?

Post by matss »

Just a clarification on previous post (if that isn't already obvious for evereybody), You need to connect from the output of your Klimax Kontrol to an input on your Majik/Headphone amplifier. The KK has two outputs, unbalanced and balanced, so one of these should be ok. You can also connect your Majik/headphone amplifier from a power amplifier if that one has daisychain functionality on its input.

Happy testing.

Rgs, Mats
KLP12, KDSM/2, 3xKCT, homebrewn active speakers, Sneaky DS, OD11, Axis, Linto, Classik, Klout, OA12