Friwo MPP15 - what's fresh

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

Raylogic

Friwo MPP15 - what's fresh

Post by Raylogic »

I see this being the goto PSU (I've just ordered a Netgear GS105) for quite some years now.

Anybody found something better?
- Linn [placeholder], M6100 (active), M140, K400.
- BT Homehub 5, Netgear GS105, [placeholder].
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Friwo MPP15 - what's fresh

Post by Tendaberry »

Yes, a Cisco switch ;-) Still using my Friwo with my GS108 for TV and hard drives, though.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

Hi Tendaberry,
I know many love their Cisco switches - I have one too but switched back to GS108T.
I think the Cisco sounds impressive in the beginning but seemed to move my system more to the „hot“ side the longer I had it in my system (which is the wrong direction for me).
The GS 108T has an elegance in sound which I really like. Even more in case the MPP15 is used to supply power with getting the phase/live on the right pin and at the same power cable/strip like the rest of the audio.
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

Maybe I have to switch back again? What power cable did you use with the Cisco? I'm using a Lejonklou Power One. A few days ago, when I wanted to burn in some new Linn power cables, I tried replacing the Power One with an Electrocompaniet cable I had lying around and it was a lot worse.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

to be honest it was a normal cable which happened to come with it - none of the names mentioned in the power cable discussion
did not worried about it as at that time I couldn't imagine the power cable at the switch could make a difference - maybe it was the cable?