Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Does the AK firmware fit an Exotik+DA?

Post by lejonklou »

Hi everyone!

I'd like to know if the AK firmware works in an upgraded Exotik (now Exotik +DA). According to Linn it most likely does, but I have yet to receive a definitive confirmation.

Anyone who knows?
Pediatrik

Post by Pediatrik »

Hi Fredrik!

I've also heard that it is possible to upgrade an Exotik+DA with the Akurate Kontrol firmware, but it's not supposed to be an "approved" upgrade, ie it might void your warranty. I was told that the dealer probably would have to get special dispensation from Linn to install it. I don't know if anyone have tried it though!
rowlandhills
Very active member
Very active member

Post by rowlandhills »

I'm looking at getting an Exotik+DA from a dealer, and when I spoke to him this morning, he agreed to go and check with Linn whether it's possible to upgrade the firmware to the Akurate Kontrol. I'll let you know what he says...
KRDSM, Tundra to 242s
Silvers, K400, Hutter rack
Pediatrik

Post by Pediatrik »

Any news on this?
rowlandhills
Very active member
Very active member

Post by rowlandhills »

Ah. Thanks for the reminder.

I've not checked, because I'm following up the option of getting a Kinos from another source, and I don't want to annoy the dealer who offered me the Exotik+DA until I know what's happening.

However, there's an Exotik+DA on eBay at the moment, from Sound Cinergy (who are a well known Linn Dealer) which says that it's been upgraded to Akurate Kontrol firmware:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0292432490
KRDSM, Tundra to 242s
Silvers, K400, Hutter rack