Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Re: french translation of Leiads

Post by sommerfee »

Hi Jean-Marie,
jmvangoethem wrote:I noticed that there is a new topic in the "Leiads" menu called "library" with "go back" and "refresh"
I'm not sure that I understand theses fonctionalities.
"Go back" is the same as pressing the green arrow button on the toolbar, it goes back one level in the album/music browser.

"Refresh" re-reads the current content of the browser, just like "refresh" in an internet or file browser. If you have added an album to your media server and want Leia DS to show it, you may need this functionality, for example if you are just in the "Albums" level where the new album should show up. In the old days you could go one browser level back and enter "Albums" again to show the new content, but now (i.e. since version 0.4-3) Leia DS has a small cache which caches up to three folders in RAM, so doing so won't have any effect anymore.

I hope these explanations are ok, otherwise please don't hesitate to ask.

Axel
jmvangoethem

Re: french translation of Leiads

Post by jmvangoethem »

OK, understood,

Thanks Axel

JM
vicdiaz

Re: French version off leiads

Post by vicdiaz »

sommerfee wrote:Thanks for offering your help!

When you unpack the archive file leiads_0.4-4.tar.gz you'll find a file called intl.c in the directory "src" which contains all the texts in different languages (currently: English, German and Swedish).

Just replace the English texts with French ones, and add yourself to the "translator_credits" on top of the file and send me the file back. (My e-mail address is axel.sommerfeldt@f-m.fm.)

Please note that you don't have to translate the GPL licence (maked with /* LICENCE */ in intl.c) for yourself, translations can be found here:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/translations.html

Regards,
Axel
MMMmmm........ I'll do the same for the Spanish translation.
Vic
Ivor's "Tune-Method Seminar" Alumni
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

Great! 8)
teatime

Post by teatime »

Is there a simple way to avoid the translation and get the english version instead?
jmvangoethem

Post by jmvangoethem »

Is there a simple way to avoid the translation and get the english version instead?
Depending for who.

To have multi-language software can get it more attractive and usefull for some people.

So why not ?

Jean-Marie
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

teatime wrote:Is there a simple way to avoid the translation and get the english version instead?
Unfortunately currently not. You could open a terminal window, set the "LANG" environment variable to "en" and start Leia DS with "leiads" afterwards. This should work on the Nokia/Maemo and Linux. For Windows there is no solution for this problem (yet).

I'm curious, too, why do you want to have LeiaDS in a different language as your operation system? What translation do you want to avoid? (BTW: The English version is also a translated one, if you want the "native" one you'll have to learn German :wink: )

Axel

Addendum 2009-06-12: The above workaround was superseeded by the command switch "lang=<lang-code>" available since version 0.4-5, e.g. "leiads lang=fr" will launch LeiaDS in French, "leiads lang=sv" in Swedish and so on.
Last edited by sommerfee on 2009-06-12 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
teatime

Post by teatime »

sommerfee wrote:
teatime wrote:Is there a simple way to avoid the translation and get the english version instead?
Unfortunately currently not. You could open a terminal window, set the "LANG" environment variable to "en" and start Leia DS with "leiads" afterwards. This should work on the Nokia/Maemo and Linux. For Windows there is no solution for this problem (yet).
Ah. I figured something like that should work. I'll try that, thanks!
sommerfee wrote:I'm curious, too, why do you want to have LeiaDS in a different language as your operation system? What translation do you want to avoid?
I want to avoid the swedish translation. I don't know if there is a swedish translation of Maemo, but I sure don't run it. All other apps are in english, but for some reason LeiaDS still decides to use swedish, probably because I have a swedish locale (which does NOT mean I want apps in swedish!)

There is nothing wrong with the translation itself, I must add. I just prefer to have all applications in the same language.
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

Hi teatime,

Thanks for the explanation!
teatime wrote:All other apps are in english, but for some reason LeiaDS still decides to use swedish, probably because I have a swedish locale (which does NOT mean I want apps in swedish!)
Oh yes, you are right. Will fix that bug for the next beta 0.4-5 which I'll release this week-end.

Axel
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

Just updated the beta/unstable version of Leia DS to version 0.4-5:

http://leiads.sommerfee.f-m.fm/unstable/

It contains some Cara and language related bugfixes - a big thanks to mickc, jmvangoethem, and teatime for testing and finding bugs!

Furthermore a French translation is now available - a very special thanks to jmvangoethem for that!

Happy testing,
Axel
jmvangoethem

cara update

Post by jmvangoethem »

I just upgraded now My ADS with Cara 3.1.17 and everything is OK.

They corrected the left and right chanel inversion.

Jean-Marie
teatime

Post by teatime »

sommerfee wrote:...language related bugfixes..
And it works like a charm! Thanks! :D
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

I finally released the version 0.4 which can be found here as 0.4-6:

http://leiads.sommerfee.f-m.fm/stable/

This version is the same as 0.4-5 but without debug stuff inside.

Will update my web page http://leiads.sommerfee.f-m.fm/ tomorrow.

Axel
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Leia DS 0.4-7 released

Post by sommerfee »

I noticed some tiny bugs within the last weeks, so I decided to build an update release 0.4-7 today. It can be found here:

From the changelog:

Code: Select all

* "Browser, Refresh view" crashed in select-server state, fixed
* Background color in now-playing page was fixed/white, corrected
* Color of not-yet-played tracks in playlist was fixed/black, corrected
* If the name was ambigious when selecting a DS in a multi-DS environment, the serial number was not shown for Auskerry devices, fixed
* Bugfix in Auskerry & Bute media event handling
If you are not affected by one of these bugs there is absolutely no need for updating.

Axel
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Leia DS 0.5-1 Alpha 1

Post by sommerfee »

Although version 0.5 is not ready yet, maybe this in-between-alpha-release is of interest, therefore I just put it here:

http://leiads.sommerfee.f-m.fm/experimental/

From the changelog:

* UPnP A/V support added
* Media browser revised
* Twonky support added (rescan, restart, rebuild)
* Support of multiple DS devices revised (faster switching!)
* Language files released from binary

Remarks:

- The UPnP A/V support has only be tested against a Linn DS and the Intel AV Media Renderer (which is part of the Intel Tools for UPnP Technology). So I have no idea if it will work for "real" devices.

- "Media browser revised" means that I have done some little tweaks, e.g. the artist name will be displayed if it's different for a given folder (for example within the generic Album folder or a compilation), the track numbers will not be shown if the title already contains these, and the album info dialog will show the album art.

- The language files are external now so they can be translated and tried out easily without the need of recompiling Leia DS. Their naming scheme is leiads_XX.txt where XX is the language code according ISO639-1, and they are coded in UTF-8. If you have an additional translation ready I would be happy if I'm allowed to distribute it with future versions.

- Please note that this is a not-very-deeply-tested interims version for the smarter ones :mrgreen:

Axel
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Leia DS 0.5-2 (alpha 2)

Post by sommerfee »

Mick Curtis found out that some album art is displayed correctly on the PC version of Leia, but not on the Nokia one, one sometimes get a "broken image" sign here instead.

This is caused by a bug of the image loader library of GTK+ (that's the GUI library I use) and it seems I found a way to outfox this. The result can be found as version 0.5-2 here:

http://leiads.sommerfee.f-m.fm/experimental/

Since this problem only affects the Nokia version (versions of GTK+ never than 2.10.12 don't have this bug but unfortunately version 2.10.12 is installed on the Nokia) I only build a Nokia version of this interim release.

Axel
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

You're doing great work with Leia, Axel.

Have you noticed the number of hits on this thread? Almost ten thousand! :D
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Leia DS 0.4-8

Post by sommerfee »

sommerfee wrote:Mick Curtis found out that some album art is displayed correctly on the PC version of Leia, but not on the Nokia one, one sometimes get a "broken image" sign here instead.

This is caused by a bug of the image loader library of GTK+ (that's the GUI library I use) and it seems I found a way to outfox this. The result can be found as version 0.5-2 here:
This bugfix is now avail as "stable" version 0.4-8, too:

Furthermore the following bugs have been found+fixed during the last weeks:

* Leia DS used to crash when browsing a media folder failed, fixed
* The Windows version used to hang when trying to display an error message within a background task, fixed

Axel
DeQMaster

Post by DeQMaster »

Hi

Finally decided to buy a N800/810.

There is any consideration to have in count between the two models?
Its going to be used basically as remote for Leia DS.

There is any site to buy on the cheap besides the second hand ebay?

Thank you in advance for the hints
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

DeQMaster wrote:Finally decided to buy a N800/810.

There is any consideration to have in count between the two models?
The N800 has most of its hard keys (left, right, home, menu, ...) on the front, so you can select discs or tracks, skip to the next track, toggle between pause and play, toggle view, and using menu functions with these keys best with the N800.

The N810 has the same hard keys, too, but some of them are on the lower keyboard layer, furthermore the left/right/top/down and the enter key are of less quality here. But in contrast to the N800 it has a small keyboard. With the current version of Leia this is of no practical use - but this will change in future versions since I now own a N810, too, and Leia will be enhanced with search capabilities etc.

Furthermore the N810 can be bought as new device (for around 200 Euros), while the N800 is only available used.

So in my eyes it comes down to a personal decision. Currently I prefer using my N800.
DeQMaster

Post by DeQMaster »

Hi Axel

Thanks for the reply.

The search function that is going to be implemented is a nice feature to live with. So thats a point for a n810.

The only thing i have found so far are aprox. 200 euro for a used unit. Where did you see a new one for that amount?
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

DeQMaster wrote:The search function that is going to be implemented is a nice feature to live with. So thats a point for a n810.
But of course the search function will be usable with a N800, too. Whenever an input is required the N800 shows a virtual keyboard:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3562/333 ... 3718_o.png
The only thing i have found so far are aprox. 200 euro for a used unit. Where did you see a new one for that amount?
I got mine for 219 Euros from computeruniverse.net. (This was not even the cheapest offer but I did very good experience with this seller in the past, therefore I chose that one.) I just took a look there but unfortunately they don't offer it anymore.

The German Nokia internet shop used to have it for 225 Euros, but as I just realize it's marked "Sold out" there. The UK Nokia internet shop don't even list it anymore.

So it seems my information was wrong, I'm sorry.
DeQMaster

Post by DeQMaster »

As you already have a linux version, did you think about porting to Android?

There are many little devices meetting the hardware requirements (wifi, touch screen etc) that would fit Leia DS as a glove :)
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

DeQMaster wrote:As you already have a linux version, did you think about porting to Android?
LeiaDS is a native Unix/Windows application written in C, using the GTK+ graphical framework and BSD resp. Windows Sockets for network communication.

Android applications need to be written in Java. Since this means a different programming language, a different graphical framework and different communication interfaces, porting Leia to Android means a complete new implementation, more-or-less starting from the stretch.

So no, I'm sorry, I will not do that, at least not within the next 12 months.
MarkP

Leia DS for n900

Post by MarkP »

I've been using Leia DS on an n800 for a long while now and it's great, many thanks...

I've just changed phones to a Nokia n900 and it would be great to use Leia DS on that as well. Any chance of a port for Maemo 5, or is it possible to run Leia DS under Maemo 5 "as is"?