Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Cheers Axel!
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

New version 0.3-4 available

Post by sommerfee »

I just released a new version 0.3-4 where the Internet Radio stuff is (hopefully) fixed. Please try it out and drop me a short note if it isn't working for you.

As always, you'll find the new version here:

http://www.leiads.sommerfee.f-m.fm/
http://www.leiads.sommerfee.f-m.fm/stable/

Axel
poppop

Post by poppop »

hi axel

just sitting with the nokia now. Ive uploaded the new version and everything seems to be working well,so far!

thank you
Steve
dlorde

Crashes :-(

Post by dlorde »

I just installed an Akurate DS and got it working with the Linn GUI. Seeing how poor the Linn GUI is, I installed the latest Leia (Dec 19) on both my Vista laptop and my Nokia 810 (running the latest OS2008, updated today).

On both installations, Leia finds both my DiskStation and my AVA RS3 NAS devices, but while I can navigate into the DiskStation folders (which hold my MP3 files), when I try to navigate into my RS3 folders (which hold my FLAC files), Leia crashes. On the Nokia 810 it just vanishes, on Vista it displays a VC++ error message before going away.

Also on both installations, it crashes in the same way if I select Tools/Info... from the menu.

Any ideas for fixing the problem, or am I stuck with the Linn GUI on my laptop?
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Re: New version 0.3-4 available

Post by sommerfee »

sommerfee wrote:I just released a new version 0.3-4 where the Internet Radio stuff is (hopefully) fixed. Please try it out and drop me a short note if it isn't working for you.
Unfortunately I uploaded an interim version instead of the final version, I just fixed that by uploading the correct version. So please reinstall version 0.3-4, if you already have installed it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Axel
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Crashes :-(

Post by sommerfee »

Hi dlorde,

Thanks for your bug report. What Media Server software are you using on your AVA RS3 NAS, Twonky or something different?
dlorde wrote:On both installations, Leia finds both my DiskStation and my AVA RS3 NAS devices, but while I can navigate into the DiskStation folders (which hold my MP3 files), when I try to navigate into my RS3 folders (which hold my FLAC files), Leia crashes. On the Nokia 810 it just vanishes, on Vista it displays a VC++ error message before going away.

Also on both installations, it crashes in the same way if I select Tools/Info... from the menu.
If Leia DS crashes (or disappears on the Nokia) it should have left a log file behind. On the Nokia you'll find the log file in your Documents folder, on Windows you'll find it in your personal folder (usually "My Documents" or something like this). The log file is named leiads-xxx.log where xxx is a timestamp when Leia DS was started.

Could you please send me the log files (or post them here, they shouldn't be long, just a few lines) of both crashes? This would be very kind and would help me a lot spotting the error.

Axel
dlorde

Post by dlorde »

The AVA RS3 is running all sorts - Twonky, Squeeze Centre, FireFly, RealTek HD... When Leia displays it, it shows as:

<ServerName>:1:Windows Media Connect

The laptop has a bunch of Leia log files in the Documents directory, but they're all empty.

On the N810, one log file has this:

Code: Select all

Leia DS 0.2 (Oct 26 2008 09:17:00)
GTK 2.10.12
GLIB 2.12.12
LANG = en_GB -> 0
*** service_url(): "urn:linn-co-uk:serviceId:Preamp" not found!
*** upnp_action(): "urn:linn-co-uk:serviceId:Preamp" not found!
*** upnp_action(): "u:BrowseResponse" not found!
******* FATAL:
******* file src/princess/upnp_media_server.c: line 56 (ContentDirectory_Browse): assertion failed: (outc == 5)
That's all there is...
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

Hi dlorde,

Thanks for the log file.
dlorde wrote:When Leia displays it, it shows as:

<ServerName>:1:Windows Media Connect
This response seems to come from the Windows Media Player of Windows Vista. See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Connect

As I see from the log Leia DS has problems understanding the responses coming from this media server.

Unfortunately I cannot test Leia DS against it simply because I do not have a PC running XP or Vista. So I need your help fixing this, I'll send you an PM because of this additionally.

Axel
dlorde

Post by dlorde »

OK, I'm happy to help. The AVA RS3 is running Windows Home Server, not Vista. Looks like it's running Windows Media Connect as well as the other media servers I mentioned. WHS is not uncommon for NAS's, so it's worth sorting out..

I'm happy to help. I'm going to see if WMC can be disabled without affecting the other server software...
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Leia DS 0.3-5

Post by sommerfee »

I just released a new version 0.3-5. From the changelog:

* Adapted to Windows Media Connect server
* Adapted to Asset UPnP server (album art)
* Browser shows track number and release year now
* Volume checking revised
* Bugfix in internal XML parser
* Bugfix in DS event handling

As always, you'll find the new version here:

http://www.leiads.sommerfee.f-m.fm/
http://www.leiads.sommerfee.f-m.fm/stable/

Axel
vicdiaz

Post by vicdiaz »

Are you working on a version that will support the Cara release???
Vic
Ivor's "Tune-Method Seminar" Alumni
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

vicdiaz wrote:Are you working on a version that will support the Cara release???
Yes, and I hope I can finish it on Easter.

Regards,
Axel
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

I just build a new release 0.3-6. Excerpt from the changelog:

* Swedish translation added (thanks to Johan Millert)
* The list of Media Servers is sorted alphabetically now
* While saving a playlist an info about persistency will be shown now
* Bugfix: The volume bar will be set immediately after mute toggling

Since this release also contains a UPnP stack where I have rewritten some core code (as preparation for Cara firmware and other enhancements) and changed some of the internal TCP/IP timeouts I didn't put this thing into the stable directory (yet) but into the testing one instead:

http://leiads.sommerfee.f-m.fm/testing/

If you have problems with this version please send me a note (and downgrade to the lastest stable version 0.3-5).

Happy Easter,
Axel
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

Since there were no problems reported I moved the version 0.3-6 to the stable directory today.

Axel
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Leia DS not-yet-0.4 released

Post by sommerfee »

Since Linn has just released the Cara Beta 1 firmware here comes the corresponding Leia DS release:

Leia DS not-yet-0.4 can be found in the directory http://leiads.sommerfee.f-m.fm/experimental/

It should work with Auskerry, Bute and Cara devices.

Unfortunately this version is not complete yet, the adaption of playlist loading, saving and shuffling is not done yet so this functionality is missing here. :( But beside this the new version should work as fine as the latest stable release 0.3-6.

Since this version offers less functionality than 0.3-6 there is no use in updating except you want to play around with the new Cara firmware.

Happy beta testing,
Axel
maxbreak

time handling

Post by maxbreak »

I'm using the Leia DS for some months and it's very useful - thanks!

But it would be more useful if there's any time handling. Especially seeing the total time when loading any album and the ongoing time during playing would be very useful.

Thanks again for your effort!
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Re: time handling

Post by sommerfee »

Hi maxbreak,
maxbreak wrote:Especially seeing the total time when loading any album
Unfortunately neither Twonky4 nor Media Tomb offers this information to Control Points. So Leia DS can't display it :(

(Don't know about Asset UPnP, will check this and report.)
and the ongoing time during playing would be very useful.
That's on top of my wish list, too. Once the "Cara" adaptions are finished (and version 0.4 is released) I will spend my time for things like these.

Axel
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I just noticed that Leia DS received a mention and a photo in the latest Linn Off The Record dealer newsletter as part of the DS news section.

Congratulations, Axel.
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

ThomasOK wrote:I just noticed that Leia DS received a mention and a photo in the latest Linn Off The Record dealer newsletter as part of the DS news section.
Upps! If I had knew this before I would have done a little cosmetic on the look of Leia DS. 8)

Axel
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

LeiaDS 0.4-2 released

Post by sommerfee »

The Cara adaption is finished now, and therefore I just uploaded a new "unstable" version 0.4-2:

http://leiads.sommerfee.f-m.fm/unstable/

Beside the Cara stuff I revised the Auskerry & Bute stuff as well, making it (hopefully) faster and even more reliable as it already was.

Furthermore I added a "Repeat Mode" for Auskerry & Bute, but (as opposite to the "Repeat Mode" offered by Cara) it only works if Leia DS is running when the end of the playlist will be reached, so Leia DS can restart the playlist again.

Happy testing,
Axel
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Leia DS 0.4-3

Post by sommerfee »

Just updated Leia DS to version 0.4-3:

Please note that the Linux and Windows version needs GTK+ 2.12 as minimum requirement now (while previous versions of Leia DS did run with GTK+ 2.10 as well).

Axel
jmvangoethem

French version off leiads

Post by jmvangoethem »

Hi Axel,

This post just to let you know that if you want I can help to make a french translation of leiads.

If you are interrested just let me know how I can help with this.

I just downloaded your last 0.4-3 running on a nokia 770 and the akurate ds (cara) very fine.
You make a great job .

best regards

Jean-Marie
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

LeiaDS 0.4-4 released

Post by sommerfee »

Just updated the beta/unstable version of Leia DS to version 0.4-4:

It contains some Cara related bugfixes - a big thanks to mickc for testing!

Axel
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Re: French version off leiads

Post by sommerfee »

Hi Jean-Marie,
jmvangoethem wrote:This post just to let you know that if you want I can help to make a french translation of leiads.

If you are interrested just let me know how I can help with this.
Thanks for offering your help!

When you unpack the archive file leiads_0.4-4.tar.gz you'll find a file called intl.c in the directory "src" which contains all the texts in different languages (currently: English, German and Swedish).

Just replace the English texts with French ones, and add yourself to the "translator_credits" on top of the file and send me the file back. (My e-mail address is axel.sommerfeldt@f-m.fm.)

Please note that you don't have to translate the GPL licence (maked with /* LICENCE */ in intl.c) for yourself, translations can be found here:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/translations.html

Regards,
Axel
jmvangoethem

french translation of Leiads

Post by jmvangoethem »

OK Axel,

I'm going to do that very soon. ( in a couple of day or so )

Just a question.

I noticed that there is a new topic in the "Leiads" menu called "library" with "go back" and "refresh"
I'm not sure that I understand theses features.

Could you explain what matter with this ?

Thanks

Jean-Marie
Last edited by jmvangoethem on 2009-06-07 12:11, edited 1 time in total.