242.... Which is best?

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

242.... Which is best?

Post by bonzo »

Single positive to super tweeter and neg to lower bass?
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: 242.... Which is best?

Post by ThomasOK »

Nope. The diagonal hookup is not the most musical on any of the Linn speakers I have tried it on. If I remember correctly the best is both positive and negative to the tweeter terminals. If I'm wrong I expect Fredrik will come on and correct me sometime after he wakes up.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

I understand that a diagonal connection can produce a theoretical benefit wrt bass currents, but like most people my listening hasn't backed up the theory.

However, I've tried it on the Akudoriks and feel it works well, so it's probably a good idea to always keep an open mind and continue to try things out as new speakers are released by Linn.
kct

Post by kct »

Spannko wrote:I understand that a diagonal connection can produce a theoretical benefit wrt bass currents, but like most people my listening hasn't backed up the theory.

However, I've tried it on the Akudoriks and feel it works well, so it's probably a good idea to always keep an open mind and continue to try things out as new speakers are released by Linn.
Surely if these terminals are commoned in passive mode it can't possibly matter can it?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

kct wrote:Surely if these terminals are commoned in passive mode it can't possibly matter can it?
Why not?