Chakra Aktiv Cards removed- gain adjusting still works

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

barend

Chakra Aktiv Cards removed- gain adjusting still works

Post by barend »

This really puzzles me...
The Chakra C4200 and C3200 amps (now Akurate), have rotatable gain switches on the back.
When I look at the Aktiv boards, I see an array of resistors selected by a switch IC.
Still, after using the amps with no Cards, there's still a degree of gain steps discernible.
I wonder why that is...
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

The gain adjustment is in the amps, not on the aktiv cards.
per

Post by per »

Does anyone know what is the default 0 dB amplification? The Chakra manual states position "3" is default, I think. Is this correct?

Will the situation be the same when chakra aktiv cards are used in the adapter for older mono typ aktiv slots? I asked Linn Helpline of this, but got a confusing answer:
Both switches adjust the level on the Aktiv crossover, however, only one switch should be used - the switch not used should remain at "0" position. The reason that the Aktiv modules have two switches is that it depends on which Linn amplifier they are being installed to as one switch may be easier to access. 0dB is position 4 on the Aktiv crossover switch. If you are installing these modules to a Klout, please contact your Linn retailer before installation.
The documentation I received did not say anything about this. Shold "3" or "4" be used on the adapter card to get 0 dB amplification?