Solder Recommendations

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

markiteight

Solder Recommendations

Post by markiteight »

A friend and fellow Linnie has called upon my services to convert a pair of Keilidhs to aktiv and re-terminate his K400 to suit his new (to him) 5105s. I'd like very much to do this the right way but it appears Frederic no longer supplies solder and I'm not sure what the current consensus is on the best solder and the proper temperature to ensure the most musical connections. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Adam
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I can supply you with solder, Adam. I removed it from the website a few years ago because it was an inexpensive item that often took lots of time to administer (emailing, invoicing, packing, shipping). I needed to focus my time on diving deeper into analogue electronics. But I have continued to supply the solder wire to old customers.
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

lejonklou wrote:I can supply you with solder, Adam. I removed it from the website a few years ago because it was an inexpensive item that often took lots of time to administer (emailing, invoicing, packing, shipping). I needed to focus my time on diving deeper into analogue electronics. But I have continued to supply the solder wire to old customers.
Young customers....do not apply. :-)
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

anthony wrote:Young customers....do not apply. :-)
Ha ha!
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

Thanks Fredrik! I will send you a PM shortly.
anthony wrote:Young customers....do not apply. :-)
Am I to assume by this statement that this solder should be used in a very well ventilated area? ;-)