Movie Di scart to component

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

Robert Lake

Movie Di scart to component

Post by Robert Lake »

I have a Linn Classik Movie Di, scart version. Since I am thinking about selling the machine my question is the following, is it possible to get component out of the scart from a Di with regular "scart to component cable" or do I need a convertor box "scart to Y-U-V". There are some options in the menu but I am not sure what they mean.
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Movie Di scart to component

Post by Linnofil »

Robert Lake wrote:is it possible to get component out of the scart from a Di with regular "scart to component cable"
Yes! I have not done this myself (Have a Movie 05 now, used to have a Di.) but my dealer used to have this configuration to his projector in the shop.
rowlandhills
Very active member
Very active member

Post by rowlandhills »

I have a feeling that there is an unusual pin configuration needed to do this, but I may be wrong.

My suspicion is that it might be similar to the cable I needed for connecting up my old UK TiVo to a component input display, which involved a cable which took the sync from one pin in the SCART and combined it with the Green signal from another pin. Basically, it was easy to change a firmware setting to produce 4-cable RGBs but then to get true component the "G" and "s" needed to be combined, so you have a normal three cable component connection.
KRDSM, Tundra to 242s
Silvers, K400, Hutter rack