Target VW2 wall rack useable for (all) hifi components?

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Target VW2 wall rack useable for (all) hifi components?

Post by mrco99 »

I have my current setup on a DIY ´rack´ not even deserving this name.
Most hifi furniture is either too expensive for me, or looks to hifi-ish to the Mrs. I know the simple Ikea Lack series is approved by many as a good starting point, but also rejected by my spouse (too much Ikea..., luckily I look original enough ;-)

Personally I like the ability of something wall mounted (Ikea Lack shelve is not deep enough, and no space for cabling behind), in order to avoid cables on the floor and accumulating flocks of dust.
I have found now some demo Target VW2 wall shelves, that would offer space for 2 components on the lower shelve, and one on top, so with two of these next to each other, I could accompany 6 components.

Though these side tables are originally meant for turntables, are they any good for other electronics as well?

As I have a white plastered back wall, so would have them painted white instead of the original black.

Size is about 54cm wide, so space required would be in total about 115cm wide. I have Keltiks that are 2 metres apart, and my DIY thing is now about 125cm wide, 55 cm high.

Any comments appreciated.
robird

Post by robird »

i got everything on the wall...

without painting anything white :-)

my guess is that you won't regret it.
[] []

/ o \
````````
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Hi robird,

This was already an old post, opportunity has passed by.
However thanks for your reply, still haven't found what I'm looking for, so maybe next time.

Cheers
Marco