5103 fan

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

flojo

5103 fan

Post by flojo »

Today I recieved my 5103. It's an early one (#1120, silver). After installing my components, I started playing and suddenly the fan came in. That's new for me: I used a Wakonda 'till now. The Wakonda was silent: it only made music. My 5103 makes noise even when it isn't playing. I gave the 5103 more space (a Topica suggestion), but he fan keeps coming in. Can I turn the fan off updating the software, just disconnect it or replace the fan with a newer or more silent one?

I hope you can help me.

Florens
poppop

5103 fan

Post by poppop »

flojo

Its a year or so since I had a 5103. As I recall the fan came on when the temp. display read 60?? Most of the time the temp reading was around 50. However, during summer months or winter months of full heating, it would occasionally come on.
If its coming on at temps lower than this I guess there may be a sensor issue?? Only guessing.
the trouble may be that I dont think Linn support 5103's older than serial number 1150?? - but again could be mistaken.
I hope you resolve it, I thought the 5103 was a great piece of kit.

Steve.
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sommerfee »

Hi Florens,

Has your AV5103 case airing shafts? If not I would consider buying a "last version" cover.