New product lineup??

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

New product lineup??

Post by bonzo »

with the numerous talk about Linn releasing some new/secret products...anyone heard of a klimax style linto? a linn elite dealer mentioned to me a few mos. back that he heard of a whole new lp12...klimax based..aluminunm clamshell..i wonder the validity of that...the linto hasnt been bettered/upgraded in quite some time..no complaint with current version...but guess there is always better..
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
Pediatrik

Post by Pediatrik »

There has been rumours on and of regarding Klimax Lingo/Linto a few years now. So far none with any substance!

I've also heard that LINN tried an aluminium shell, but that they've ditched the idea because it didn't excell over the present wooden plinth.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

The Klimax Linto has ben in the works for some time. Linn actually showed a prototype at a CES a few years ago but they didn't play it for the public. We have been told that it will be coming out but it sounds like it may still be a little way off - maybe this fall, maybe next year.

On the aluminum plinth, there have been rumors and talk about it for a while. We were told that it was tried but that the improvement couldn't be justified compared to the cost of manufacture. To machine a plinth from a solid as done with the Keel would require a much larger block of aluminum and would end up machining away an even higher percentage of the metal than on the Keel. We got the impression that it might have sounded a bit better but that the improvement wasn't worth the price it would have to sell for.

Of course, that doesn't mean that they couldn't be examining other possibilities for the plinth. Only time will tell.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

ThomasOK wrote:Linn actually showed a prototype at a CES a few years ago but they didn't play it for the public.
That Klimax Lingo box at CES was empty. Very unprofessional, if you ask me.

I hope we'll see a real one soon, though.