Lingo2 powerless

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Lingo2 powerless

Post by bonzo »

i just received an ex dem lingo2. went to swap out with my lingo1, and no power. checked connection, no luck. opended fuse holder on rear of lingo2...no fuse, so i took the fuse out of lingo1 and put into lingo2...Still, no power, and that fuse blew, cause when i put it back into lingo1, it didnt work. Ive since put a new fuse in the lingo1 and its fine...but no luck with the 2. I of course have selected appropriate voltage on the rear of L2.. 115v. Any suggestions other than sending it to Linn? Can Linn dealer perform this service inhouse?
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

The Lingo 2 requires 2 fuses both going in toward the chassis. If you just put in one fuse it shouldn't work properly - if at all. The fuses should be 300ma for a 115 volt hookup, 200ma for 230 volts.
bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by bonzo »

:D :D ThomasOk,
I owe you a bottle of 21 yr old!!! not having seen how Any fuses went in to the lingo2..i was putting the one in actually perpendicular to how they should be going..oddly enough, this fit...but of course didnt work. Cant find these fuses anywhere however...300Ma is .3amp, correct?
Lastly...i LOVE MY LINGO2!! its a different upgrade than most, being before the source...i recall reading expressions like "the musicians sounded like they just got a b12 shot, or were on steroids, of had a good night sleep..." those are good descriptions...i think it boogies way more! Thomas, ive come to look forward to you posts and respect your knowledge and opinion. Thank you SO much for helping me out here.
Linn Pekin
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Hey, one bottle of 21 yr old for a helping email?! Sign me up for the next question!! :D
Can I have a Springbank please? That is my favourite but they are rare these days.

Seriously, good to hear you got it working and that it boogies more than the first version!
bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by bonzo »

Frederik,
in my state of panic while i couldnt get the lingo to work i posted the ? on a few other sites....its comical to see soo many people giving inaccurate advice/solutions. That why i like this forum soo much...some of the most knowledgeable posts ive seen. As for the lingo...lyrics which were difficult to understand before are now quite easy...it sometimes feels like it is in fact slower because it feels like the needle is spending more time in the grove and pulling more info out. Its a very unique upgrade being Before the source...difficult to explain...but well worth it. you prefer single malt? not familiar with Springbank
Linn Pekin