FRIWO 12 v medical grade PSU for Netgear GS108 switch

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Re: FRIWO 12 v medical grade PSU for Netgear GS108 switch

Post by Defender »

initially the Friwo was used because one member had some issues with high frequency rubbish the other power supplies have been emitting and he had a use case where he didnt wanted to have that. The Friwo was the quietest one so he used it. If I remember it right he never made statements about a better musicality.

However some of us including me thought we also dont want to have noisy power supplies and it can only be detrimental to musicality so I used it.
But I am now again using the original Netgear power supply with my Netgear 308T with better results.

So dont worry about the Friwo.
Zee9

Post by Zee9 »

Got it. Thanks
LR: LP12/Selekt/Tundra 2.5/kabers
BR: WiiM/Tundra 2.2/Kan II
Studio: Genki/Kairn/5105/Kabers+RelT7i
quinn_t

Post by quinn_t »

lejonklou wrote: 2023-05-28 01:25 Use the stock power supply. I haven’t found anything better and don’t know anyone who has stayed with the Friwo.
+1
quinn_t

Post by quinn_t »

Defender wrote: 2023-05-28 12:03 initially the Friwo was used because one member had some issues with high frequency rubbish the other power supplies have been emitting and he had a use case where he didnt wanted to have that. The Friwo was the quietest one so he used it. If I remember it right he never made statements about a better musicality.

However some of us including me thought we also dont want to have noisy power supplies and it can only be detrimental to musicality so I used it.
But I am now again using the original Netgear power supply with my Netgear 308T with better results.

So dont worry about the Friwo.
+1