Hacking Linn IW10 in-wall speakers..

Hardware and software, modifications and DIY

Moderator: Staff

erlhage

Hacking Linn IW10 in-wall speakers..

Post by erlhage »

IMG_3221.jpeg

I'm building new boxes for a pair of Linn IW10 inwall speakers.

Anybody here who happen to know the port tuning frequency for these speakers?

I've had this pair of IW10s laying around for a few years... Fantastic sounding speakers. They were never wall-integrated as intended, and due to the somewhat challenging form-factor they have not been on display much. So, I decided to build a pair of boxes that will fit in-shelf, and also be decent looking. The picture shows one semi-finshed (sorry for the masking-tape) and the original product, in an effort to a rough side-by-side comparison. Sonically thay are not far off, bass perhaps a little more solid, but I'm not quite sure I've nailed the port. New box has slightly more volume, and port diameter also differs, so port lenght had to be altered.

Any ideas/ advice appreciated!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Hacking Linn IW10 in-wall speakers..

Post by Matteo »

Interesting

I can see that the speakers are driven in aktiv (M6100?).

The IW10 are now discontinued and the only Linn in-wall speakers are now the 104/106c, that can also be driven in aktiv (but I wonder how, with a single wire connectors …)

M.
LP12/Kar/Tramp2/Kore/Akito/ARad/Adikt/Slips7-ADSM/3-M6100-M109aktiv
erlhage

Re: Hacking Linn IW10 in-wall speakers..

Post by erlhage »

It's an experiment, yes :)

They are driven Aktiv by Exaktbox-I. Mostly, of course, since it's a vast improvement over passive on these speakers. But also partly as I have not dug the filters out of the old boxes.

I understand the IW10s did not sell very well. Nevertheless, they sound quite awesome.

E.