can i get a black cover?

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

can i get a black cover?

Post by bonzo »

been looking for a 2nd hand lingo2 for quite some time and just closed the deal on an ex-dem Lingo2, but in silver box for a great price. The silver box is not im more concerned with how it sounds... but ideally it makes sense to have a black one...plus then the bride wont notice it?? haha :wink: so can i buy a black lingo cover to replace the silver one? if so any idea how much? so ive got 2 4200s coming, and now a lingo2...cant wait!..thinking about trampolin 2, then ultimately keel... but that will have to be next year
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

The complete metalworks for a Lingo is rather expensive, more than 300 euro. One option could be to replace the facia only, that costs around 75 euro. Then paint the cover black, perhaps? :|
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

It is not necessary to get the complete metalwork as the tray is black in both cases. You can get a black facia and a black sleeve from Linn which would give you a black unit when installed. The Facia (part # MCP 426/LK/PP) runs about $90US and the sleeve (part # MCP 019/CT) runs about $96US. Then again the black spray paint option is much cheaper! Have fun with the upgrades, I'm sure you'll like them.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thanks for that, Thomas. I haven't yet changed colour on a Lingo or Linto. The new AV boxes are simpler as the facia and sleeve are one part only. Change that and you're done.
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

Hi Bonzo,

I've got a black Lingo2, and I want a silver one. I'm interested in your silver box. Purchase your parts or maybe a trade? Swap the whole Lingo or just the parts? It is not to expensive to just buy the parts. That was my original plan.

Interestingly, for the prices in Sweden the black stuff is more expensive than silver! (Black should be produced in larger numbers and chaper, or?)

Black parts:
Front: MCP 426/LK/PP at about $100 USD + sales tax
Sleeve: MCP 019/CT at about $95 USD + sales tax.

Silver parts:
Front: MCP 426/S/PP at about $85 USD + sales tax.
Sleeve: MCP 019/S/CT at about $65 USD + sales tax.

/Linnofil
bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by bonzo »

Linnofil,
thanks for the offer...let me take possession first, see how things look, and ill let you know..ty
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
flojo

Silver 5103

Post by flojo »

Hello,

I just bought a used 5103 with a silver cover to replace my black Wakonda... do you think it's possible to buy a new facia for my 5103 in black? I was wondering why nobody was bidding on this item on Ebay. Maybe its colour or perhaps the fact there no DTS on it (serialnumber 1120)?!

Best regards,

Florens
per

Post by per »

I was in the same situation with a silver 5103. Replaced it with a black cover, ordered from my Linn dealer. I do not remember the price, but check with your dealer.