Bi-amping with a KCT*2 active to the Ninka´s mid-bass.

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

otro5

Bi-amping with a KCT*2 active to the Ninka´s mid-bass.

Post by otro5 »

I have at this moment two KCT to go active to the mid-bass Ninka,s. Can I conect the mid/bass signal from the tunebox( old) to the first KCT???. And conect the two KCT?? When you use unbalanced like in is the unbalanced out????.

Thanks a lot
otro5

Post by otro5 »

Sorry "in unbalanced is the balancec out???"
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Please describe your system more in detail, otro5.

You want to use three KCT for your aktiv Ninkas?
otro5

Post by otro5 »

AKDS Dynamik,KK/1/D,a pair of solos,2*KCT and tunebox ( 2 Aktive cards, 1 for treble, 1 for mid bass).Ninkas.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I see. If you send an unbalanced input to your first Klimax Twin, you can use your balanced in connection (on that same Twin) to daisychain the signal to the unbalanced input on your second Twin.

Internally, the connections hot (+) and ground on the balanced input are directly connected to signal and ground on the unbalanced input. This is why the balanced input can be used as an output for daisychaining the unbalanced signal.

Hope that helped and made sense.
otro5

Post by otro5 »

Thanks a lot. And I understand that if I send signal from tha aktik card on the tunebox mid-bass to the first KCT goes to second with the same range of frequenci (mid-bass)??. Do you think that is good solution or better put into the tunebox a thrid chrakra (mid-bass, with adaptor it´s possible) and go directly from tunebox to KCT2.

Dou you think that solos better on treble???.

Thanks a lot
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

It's a good solution to daisychain the signal. Might even sound better than a separate pair of cards. You need to have a good interconnect from XLR on the first Twin to the RCA on the second Twin, though.

I'd certainly put the pair of Solo on treble.
otro5

Post by otro5 »

Could I go XLR out first Twin to input XLR second Twin???

Thanks a lot
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Yes, provided you only use hot (+) and ground in both XLR's. And both Twins should be set to unbalanced input.

I doubt it's any better, though. Internally, the XLR's are connected with a cable to the circuit board. My guess is that the WBT phono connector, soldered directly to the board, will sound better.

In both cases, you need to make a special unbalanced interconnect. Either with XLR's in both ends, or XLR to phono.
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

tunebox

Post by anthony »

There should be 2 bass outputs on a tunebox, just connect each amp to the tunebox
otro5

Post by otro5 »

Dear Anthony,

Thanks a lot. The problem is that is an old tunebox that only have two aktive ( or two mono pairs) cards inside. I have installed the K solos driving the treble and the KCTs (conecting xlr (out) first KCT to phono (in) second KCT) to the mid/bass and it sounds wonderful. I had 2200+4200/D to tri-amp the Ninkas and was good but solos+kct are far away. More far away than I could imagine. Klimax is really in another league.

Thanks a lot
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

klimax

Post by anthony »

Hi, yes Klimax re write the rules!
otro5

Post by otro5 »

Anthony (or anybody),

Do you know if Klimax Tunebox is really far away from Tunebox (black one) with SPS (Slimline power supply)???.

Thanks a lot
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

otro5 wrote:Anthony (or anybody),

Do you know if Klimax Tunebox is really far away from Tunebox (black one) with SPS (Slimline power supply)???.

Thanks a lot
Yes far better.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

otro5 wrote:Dear Anthony,

Thanks a lot. The problem is that is an old tunebox that only have two aktive ( or two mono pairs) cards inside. I have installed the K solos driving the treble and the KCTs (conecting xlr (out) first KCT to phono (in) second KCT) to the mid/bass and it sounds wonderful. I had 2200+4200/D to tri-amp the Ninkas and was good but solos+kct are far away. More far away than I could imagine. Klimax is really in another league.

Thanks a lot
What Anthony was pointing out is that there are two sets of Bass outputs on the Tunebox that are driven by a single set of cards. So if you put the cards for the lower frequencies in the positions marked Bass in the Tunebox both sets of outputs are being driven with the same signal. This would allow you to just run separate sets of interconnects to each amp. Whether this would be more musical than daisy-chaining with the KCTs I can't say never having tried it.

To answer your other question the Klimax Crossovers are indeed a fair bit more musical than the Tunebox and cards.
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Post by anthony »

ThomasOK wrote:
otro5 wrote:Dear Anthony,

Thanks a lot
What Anthony was pointing out is that there are two sets of Bass outputs on the Tunebox that are driven by a single set of cards. So if you put the cards for the lower frequencies in the positions marked Bass in the Tunebox both sets of outputs are being driven with the same signal. This would allow you to just run separate sets of interconnects to each amp. Whether this would be more musical than daisy-chaining with the KCTs I can't say never having tried it.

To answer your other question the Klimax Crossovers are indeed a fair bit more musical than the Tunebox and cards.
Thank you Thomas, thats exactly what I wanted to say but was too tired at the time.
otro5

Post by otro5 »

Thanks a lot. You are right ( and sorry because I don´t understand Antony´s first message). It´s possible to drive the "two-Basses" directly from the tunebox. I will test this weekend and let you know my opinions.

Thanks and sorry for the missunderstanding
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

It's been so long since I saw an original Tunebox that I didn't remember it had double outputs. In general, daisy-chaining is better than parallel between power amps in an aktiv system, but in this case there are a few additional factors that might tip the scales.

I'm looking forward to reading about your impression of the two alternatives!
otro5

Post by otro5 »

Better bass in the second option. 2 Bass directly from tunebox.Not huge for my ears, but little better.

Thanks a lot