To DS or not to DS

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

artikulate

To DS or not to DS

Post by artikulate »

Hello all,

I am contemplating taking the plunge for a Klimax Ds but although I am decent with computers etc. the prospect of the computer issues is preventing me from pulling the trigger. As part of the Klimax Ds promotion, linn provides a ripnas (is this a good NAS to have or would I do better getting my own different NAS???) which i believe uses asset (can I use my ipod touch with asset and if so which app is best to use ie. songbook, konductor etc.????). I have a computer already but no network---what network components should I get---ie. switch etc.----and what is the best way to configure and setup the network---I want everything to be hardwired, no wireless except for receiving commands from my ipod touch I guess---its all a bit confusing and overwhelming--- love the sound of DS but all this other stuff is concerning----Any suggestions or input from members would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!

Ron
Ron C.
anthony
Very active member
Very active member

ds

Post by anthony »

Have you seen this link
http://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Products

The ripnas does indeed use asset but that is not a bad thing.
Hard wiring is the best way.
I think a ripnas, kinksy on a laptop are the most straight forwards but songbook and plugplayer are both excellent.
Bear in mind you only see negative postings, it has foibles but they aren't too bad