Coaxial Cable Recommendations

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

erho

Coaxial Cable Recommendations

Post by erho »

Hi folks, which coaxial cable is recommendend if I need to use one? There are so many on the market, do not now what to get? Or to use Linn black interconnect as coaxial?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Coaxial Cable Recommendations

Post by ThomasOK »

erho wrote: 2024-02-14 15:49 Hi folks, which coaxial cable is recommendend if I need to use one? There are so many on the market, do not now what to get? Or to use Linn black interconnect as coaxial?
I have no idea what is good, bad or indifferent in modern coaxial cables. Linn Black have worked OK for some customers. However, I will mention one possibility you will probably wish I hadn't mentioned. Back in the days of the Kairk CD transport and the Numerik DAC Linn made their own digital cable. It used BNCs on both ends (as a proper coax cable should) and the wire looked line Linn Black but was imprinted "Linn Digital Interconnect". It was a quite good cable that worked well. It could be re-terminated with Linn Black RCAs if necessary, or used with BNC-RCA adapters. How easy it will be to find any of this stuff is another question altogether!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

erho wrote: 2024-02-14 15:49 Hi folks, which coaxial cable is recommendend if I need to use one? There are so many on the market, do not now what to get? Or to use Linn black interconnect as coaxial?
Spdif connections sounds different.
You can always buy 5 cheap 75 Ohm coaxial cables, short ones about 50-100 cm. Compare the sound using tunemethod and keep the best cable. Then compare to Linn black interconnect or Focal elite to see If its even better.

There are no other good advices to give because an expensive digital cable might sound bad.
erho

Post by erho »

okay understand now. thank you 😊
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

I can also recommend the Linn Digital cable, fortunately I have one...
erho

Post by erho »

Tendaberry wrote: 2024-02-15 11:29 I can also recommend the Linn Digital cable, fortunately I have one...
nice for you 😀
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

erho wrote: 2024-02-14 15:49
BJC make coaxial cables too:
https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/di ... /index.htm
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
Tamblers

Post by Tamblers »

I use a Kimber D60 and highly recommend it. Available with rca or bnc connectors. Noticeably more engaging than the Lifatec optical or Cardas USB I also have on hand.
Robert Lake

Post by Robert Lake »

I would avoid all Supra cables. I have tried different Supra cables, speakers, coaxial, RCA since they are available in most Swedish stores. But they affect music in a bad hifi way. QED budget priced coaxial is quite good. That is what I use now that the "New Level of Perfromance Audio" coaxial cables no longer exists. They are also called "Performance Audio New Level". Crazy name but maybe on the second hand market? They where budget priced and did not try to "improve" the music into something else.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

I can confirm the above suggestion (QED) and add the ("reasonable" priced) entry elevel Atlas Cable (also available with BNC connectors): https://www.atlascables.com/ic-digital- ... c-rca.html.

M.
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

Robert Lake wrote: 2024-02-28 09:39 I would avoid all Supra cables. I have tried different Supra cables, speakers, coaxial, RCA since they are available in most Swedish stores. But they affect music in a bad hifi way. QED budget priced coaxial is quite good. That is what I use now that the "New Level of Perfromance Audio" coaxial cables no longer exists. They are also called "Performance Audio New Level". Crazy name but maybe on the second hand market? They where budget priced and did not try to "improve" the music into something else.
Have you tried all Supra cables? Unless you have I would suggest you consider retracting your recommendation to avoid all Supra Cables. Their USB to mini-USB cable was found to be the most musical option for HAKAI.