We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Speaker positioning

Post by Hermann »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNdhDCv4mzc

Interesting video on setting up speakers. Tested with my three systems. It's even audible with the JBL 305 and Sabay headphone amplifier. The JBL 308, no longer driven by Fluid monitor controller, but with Black Lion Audio Revolution 2x2 (significantly better than the previous one), you can hear this precisely. Perfect with the briks.

Of course I don't know how helpful this can be. But obviously when it comes to the video, my speakers are set up correctly.
Trust your ears
Rutger

Re: Speaker positioning

Post by Rutger »

Hermann wrote: 2023-09-17 08:54 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNdhDCv4mzc

Interesting video on setting up speakers. Tested with my three systems. It's even audible with the JBL 305 and Sabay headphone amplifier. The JBL 308, no longer driven by Fluid monitor controller, but with Black Lion Audio Revolution 2x2 (significantly better than the previous one), you can hear this precisely. Perfect with the briks.

Of course I don't know how helpful this can be. But obviously when it comes to the video, my speakers are set up correctly.
I have watched that video but its the same as usual - they are not using Tunemethod to decide for correct loudspeaker placement. They are optimizing for ”sound”, not music.

You will get much more enjoyment setting up your speakers listening for the easiest to follow tunes.
Heres a good description how to do it by Fredrik:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4526
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Thanks Rutger, I am familiar with the process.

Nevertheless, I find this test interesting because it shows that “sound” is not only possible between the two speakers.
Trust your ears
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Hermann wrote: 2023-09-18 09:00 Nevertheless, I find this test interesting because it shows that “sound” is not only possible between the two speakers.
+1,
thanks for sharing Hermann
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677