LP12 upgrade?

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Well, that does make sense Thomas, and I figured you would certainly have accurate information. In any case, I don't have to worry about my Keel, since I don't own that particular Linn Ittok tonearm 8) .
Tony Tune-age
vicdiaz

Post by vicdiaz »

ThomasOK wrote:The bigger question for most potential customers is whether they want to deal with something like a plastic cap covering the hole in their beautiful Keel when they upgrade the arm.
That's the reason I have not bought the Keel. Drill a $3,200 USD aluminum sub-chassis and later cover the hole with a plastic cap? No way! :mrgreen:

BTW, I got some pictures for a tonearm support for the Ittok LV-II that does not require drilling the Keel or a regular armboard, but I have not been able to get someone to make it for me. :cry:
Vic
Ivor's "Tune-Method Seminar" Alumni
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

I agree totally, no way I'd drill a hole in the Keel. Cosmetically it wouldn't look good, and after spending that much money - the Keel wouldn't deserve an additional hole drilled into it... 8) !
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Tony Tune-age wrote:Thanks Tom, the newer felt mat will be my next improvement.
Finally purchased a new thinner Linn felt mat, and compared it with the original thicker felt mat. Ceratinly an improvement, and not a huge cost either 8) . Thanks for the suggestion Thomas :!:
Tony Tune-age