new JBL 4329p loudspeaker

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Defender
Very active member
Very active member

new JBL 4329p loudspeaker

Post by Defender »

I was at the High End in Munich this weekend and the one speaker which really impressed me was the new JBL 4329p loudspeaker.

As I already said in the events thread this loudspeaker is more of a consumer version of the JBL 708p its priced at the same price and has some things the JBL 708p doesnt have and other things where the JBL 708p has the better parts.

It features the same compression driver as the 708 but driven only with 50W
it has a same size 8 inch driver with a paper cone but less cooling so less sophisticated compared to the 708 its driven with 250W
The housing is bigger/has more volume and is an MDF housing.

Same concept in treating the signal if you use the xlr inputs the signal will be moved into digital and the xover is the DSP.
Bass extension is more than the 708 has

It was fun to listen to even though in a difficult environment - the room was big but the loudspeakers had absolutely no difficulty with that. You dont need a subwoofer with those loudspeakers.

Comparing musicality to my 308 - I would easily choose the 4329p.
As I have no comparison to the 708 its difficult to answer about musicality differences between the two.

However I suspect the 4329p would come on top with bass extension. It has a really tight, driving engaging bass. The compression driver showed its qualities - I didnt know before what a compression driver would do or how it was sounding but it produced a very livelike impression which was completely relaxed.

I really hope Matthias had a chance to hear them and give some comments.

P.S. this loudspeaker created a more memorable experience than the Linn 360‘s but thats probably also because of the price/performance ratio.
I would love to hear comments from others which might had a chance to hear them.

Another interesting point: different to the 308p the power sockets have no Ground/Earth pin anymore - so unlikely for them to create ground loop
Last edited by Defender on 2023-05-23 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Re: new JBL 4329p loudspeaker

Post by matthias »

Defender wrote: 2023-05-23 09:44 The compression driver showed its qualities - I didnt know before what a compression driver would do or how it was sounding but it produced a very livelike impression which was completely relaxed.

I really hope Matthias had a chance to hear them and give some comments.
Hi Defender,

I am sorry but I didn't listen to these JBLs in Munich. I prefer passive speakers.

But I completely agree with your assessment of a compression driver and according to the experiences with my 3677s I would wholeheartedly recommend buying a speaker with a CD.
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677