More About Powering a System

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Re: More About Powering a System

Post by tokenbrit »

matthias wrote: 2024-01-17 13:25 Maybe worth a try is also a new powerstrip from Chord:

https://chord.co.uk/product/powerhaus-p ... ion-block/

They do not use star-wiring like others but daisy-chain the outlets so the hierarchy of devices is ensured.
Curious how they daisy-chain when there a 3 outlets each on either side of the inlet - that suggests it's double daisy-chained, left & right, separately... The 'noise-reduction technology' in the P6 makes me skeptical, too... Do you have any experience or knowledge of the internal wiring and/or, more importantly, the musical performance? Certainly not cheap at £600 :!
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

tokenbrit wrote: 2024-01-17 15:59 Curious how they daisy-chain when there a 3 outlets each on either side of the inlet - that suggests it's double daisy-chained, left & right, separately... The 'noise-reduction technology' in the P6 makes me skeptical, too... Do you have any experience or knowledge of the internal wiring and/or, more importantly, the musical performance? Certainly not cheap at £600 :!
You have a point here, I mean it might be interesting to lend one from a dealer and compare to your own best diy powerstrip.
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
erho

Post by erho »

Where can I buy such an Clas Ohlson strip? I am from Austria? Anyone an idea? Thanks